NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Need a good trans shop for a4 any rec.

Guest dano99vert

Guest dano99vert

After having trans service at dealer it started to slip, they found fluid low on fluid, topped up fluid, now 1000 mi later i need overhaul, car only has 20k, please help with good arizona trans shop recommendation, no way am i letting stealership fix, thanks alot Dano.

You say it started causing problems and losing fluids RIGHT AFTER the "servicing"? I'd wager that someone either put in the wrong fluid or screwed up a filter.

Find out what went wrong and get it fixed free, man!

Guest dano99vert
You say it started causing problems and losing fluids RIGHT AFTER the "servicing"? I'd wager that someone either put in the wrong fluid or screwed up a filter.

Find out what went wrong and get it fixed free, man!

Already tried this route. they left fluid 1 1/2 qts low, I have documented on Repair Order, When i took car back next day after service, they topped up fluid and it seemed ok, but now 1000 mi later its slipping bad!!!!, Dont trust them now, need to find good trans shop Asap!!, Dealer wants 400.00 for teardown and if its their fault they will cover, but if not its me on the hook, once they disable/teardown i'm stuck, and how can i trust them to tell the truth now?? need second opinion.

I'd call Mike or Chad at AZ Power and Sound. Mike has a guy who will do a quality, reasonably priced job.

I asked Mike to change the fluid in my C5 and he told me he wouldn't do that. The C5 had 50k mi on it and had never had the fluid changed. He explained that unless it was done regularly from early on it would only cause it to go out. He could have sold me a fluid change and a rebuild shortly after but he did the honest thing. I put another 9k mi on it before I traded it w/o a problem. I would trust AZP&S to give you the straight scope.

Guest dano99vert
I'd call Mike or Chad at AZ Power and Sound. Mike has a guy who will do a quality, reasonably priced job.

I asked Mike to change the fluid in my C5 and he told me he wouldn't do that. The C5 had 50k mi on it and had never had the fluid changed. He explained that unless it was done regularly from early on it would only cause it to go out. He could have sold me a fluid change and a rebuild shortly after but he did the honest thing. I put another 9k mi on it before I traded it w/o a problem. I would trust AZP&S to give you the straight scope.

Thank You, I just want to get car fixed right, I wish now i would never had trans service done, You know what they say hindsights 20/20 oh well, hopefully after rebuild should be better that new, Thanks again for rec. I will call tomorrow morning.

:agree AZP&S did mine and it turned out great. Highly recommend. Robert :burnout

Thank You, I just want to get car fixed right, I wish now i would never had trans service done, You know what they say hindsights 20/20 oh well, hopefully after rebuild should be better that new, Thanks again for rec. I will call tomorrow morning.

Be careful when you go to AZP&S, you go there wanting you trannie fixed, and you may end up leaving there with a cam or blower or some other HP adder! :lol or a new sound system. AZP&S is about as bad as the Craftsman section at Sears! :thumbs We all love it there! :lol This is meant to be a compliment and an endorsement!

Personal note:

Automatics are closed systems.

I know I know .. factory says to change fluid an filter regularly ..

.. prolly a good idea every 100k or so, unless the tranny gets overheated severely (over 200 degrees an the paint boils off the converter, f'rinstance).

As long as the fluid doesn't get burnt (loses lubrication value, becomes like glue then) .. and the clutches aren't fried (for those that have 'em .. and Chebby does AFAIK) ..tranny will work fine.

Problems usually develope when the gaskets start leakin an fluid isn't checked until it gets too low, or linkage gets out of adjustment. (or computer signals get dropped :)

Frankly .. rebuilding a tranny isn't rocket science :)

You get a kit with alla gaskets an a buncha stuff you prolly wont need (them lil check balls don't wear out ..

..really no need to take out the old ones in the valve body)

.. the drill is to clean it out, replace the clutch pack, new gaskets where required, button it up, fill 'er up, adjust linkage, an let 'er rip.

I swapped in reverse-manual valve bodies .. never put a stock one back in .. havent been anywhere near these hi-tech 4-gear wonder boxes we got in our Vette's tho .. yet :)

There's prolly a step-by-step manual even.

-Frank (been known to drill a case to bolt the parking sprag solidly to the inside of a torqueflite housing ..just so no way would it ever get loose .. a preventive measure for the 727 old school torqueflite :)