Exhaust Shop in Tucson recommendations

Deanvette

Anyone have a recommendation for an exhaust shop for a C4 in the Tucson area? Have installed new exhaust systems on both cars (95 & 96) and they are in need of some welding and tweaking...well maybe a bit more than tweaking on the '95.

Thanks,

Dean

I can't remember where we used to go for exhaust work, but if you feel like taking a drive, come on up and we can do some welding up here in Phoenix. I'm ready to help...

Andrew

I can't remember where we used to go for exhaust work, but if you feel like taking a drive, come on up and we can do some welding up here in Phoenix. I'm ready to help...

Andrew

And he does do nice work!

Andrew's Handywork

Andrew

Andrew,

Thanks for the offer...but long before I get to Phoenix I would catch the fiberglass seat pans on fire!! So I am kinda stuck with finding someone here in Tucson.

I thought I had a good idea of taking the '96 LT1 cat-back system off and putting it onto the '95...but turns out the left side three bolt flange is different and would require getting longer bolts....so trash that idea.

What I am thinking about is removing the resonator and replacing it with an X pipe for the '96 and then putting the new straight pipes with H-pipe I got for the '96 onto the '95, just plug the fourth O2 sensor hole. Then if Corvette Central sends me a replacement left side muffler with LT1 tip, I can put that on the '95 and not have it too loud. For the '96 I could use the set of Magnaflows I have for it, with dual rolled round outlets, SS mufflers. The straight pipes needed to be welded though...do not like a bunch of clamps.

So much to do, so little time. I also want to remove the B&M short shifter out of the '96 and install the Hurst shifter. The B&M is too short for me. And its such a fun job to do....NOT.

Later,

Dean

I don't know when the next time we will ever be down there but if we get that way I'll make sure let you know. You'll probably have it all done by then though....

Good luck.

Andrew

Hi Dean,

Go to Exhaust Works on Fort Lowell rd off of Oracle. They do great work and have put custom systems on most of the Vettes araound here an X-Pipe should not cost that much and they will make it for you.

Greg :thumbs

Hi Dean,

Go to Exaust Works on Flowing Wells off of Oracle. They do great work and have put custom systems on most of the Vettes araound here an X-Pipe should not cost that much and they will make it for you.

Greg, if that's the one that Kenny is at, isn't off Ft Lowell???? Ed

Hi Dean,

Go to Exaust Works on Flowing Wells off of Oracle. They do great work and have put custom systems on most of the Vettes araound here an X-Pipe should not cost that much and they will make it for you.

Greg, if that's the one that Kenny is at, isn't off Ft Lowell???? Ed

Otay! I stand corrected, Ed is right! this is what happens as you get older right! :chris "What was" oh never mind :chris

Oh Shizzel I could not even spell Exhaust right!

The Exhaust Works on my side of town, off 22nd / Sarnoff area used to be great source, but the original owner sold out....

I don't know how the new guy is...

The Exhaust Works on my side of town, off 22nd / Sarnoff area used to be great source, but the original owner sold out....

I don't know how the new guy is...

Just today I stopped by Exhaust Works on Ft Lowell, with the exhaust system off the '96 in the back of my Blazer and asked about getting an X pipe installed. I believe it was Kenny that came out and said he could do it, but wants the system on the car. I told him, no problem...I had it off to I could replace the shifter. Price they told me was $85 installed......YES.... Now I just need to get the exhaust back on and get the car to them during the week...that is the tough part.

I will let you guys know how it turns out.

Later,

Dean