NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Just saw a bunch of vettes

ICULUKN

As I was driving North on AZ ave, I was passed (going south) by about 15 shiney vettes. I u-turned and caught up with them. They are Corvette Club of Arizona based out of Chandler. They seem like an older bunch, but very cool non-the-less. I hope to talk to them in the near future, maybe at the new Fulton Ranch Car show.

This group is somehow sponsored/affiliated with Thorobred Chevrolet I believe. The service manager there is like the Vice President of the club.

They recently had a big car show not too long ago at the dealer.

I got to know a few members (Bob Keith) that are really cool to chat with, and they have joined our events on occasions.

You know us Vette owners, event and I will come... :D

Phil... :devil

That's our Phil-event whore....are these the guys who also are not 'official' but simply a get together group? I recently saw a website for a group that was very much like us, but more organized about planning their monthly events ahead of time. Don't know the median age or if they wrench, but they seemed like a good group.

M~

Don't know the median age or if they wrench, but they seemed like a good group.

M~

Ooooooooooh, you said "wrench" and got me all excited. :smilelol

That's our Phil-event whore....are these the guys who also are not 'official' but simply a get together group? I recently saw a website for a group that was very much like us, but more organized about planning their monthly events ahead of time. Don't know the median age or if they wrench, but they seemed like a good group.

M~

No this is not the "Not Official" Covette Club. They are out there and I can not remember what is there official name. :huh

M~

Ooooooooooh, you said "wrench" and got me all excited.

LOL...C5 owners really don't wrench on their cars...do they? Ok, I guess changing the oil/filter, tightening the lug nuts and plugs kind of counts. Doh! J/K :D

They are going to Sonoita for a weekend of wine tasting. Nice group of folks who like to party. They meet the first Thursday night of each month at Thoroughbred.

I think that would be the DCA...Desert Corvette Assoc.....used to belong before we moved to Show Low....good group...they meet at Pavillions on 1st sat of the month and tues meetings at Chapmans......They do alot of get togethers and car shows.....

M~

Ooooooooooh, you said "wrench" and got me all excited.

LOL...C5 owners really don't wrench on their cars...do they? Ok, I guess changing the oil/filter, tightening the lug nuts and plugs kind of counts. Doh! J/K :D

I know you've done much more on yours than I have on mine, but you'd be surprised how much I have done on my C5...not to mention some electrical troubleshooting. :bang:lol

As I was driving North on AZ ave, I was passed (going south) by about 15 shiney vettes. I u-turned and caught up with them. They are Corvette Club of Arizona based out of Chandler. They seem like an older bunch, but very cool non-the-less. I hope to talk to them in the near future, maybe at the new Fulton Ranch Car show.

Where's that show (other than the obvious Fulton Ranch, crossroads)? I've been lookin for a show in the East Valley, I'm way east valley though, Queen Creek.

EDIT: Just saw the other post :thumbs

I just put it on the calendar. It has the link for the map there too. It's between Riggs and Queen Creek on AZ Ave.

Andrew