Welcome to Donohue72

1EvilC5

:howdy Welcome to Rick :howdy

Year of Corvette---1997---Color---Red

Post a picture of your Corvette and tell us more. Hope to see you at an upcoming event.

Phil... :devil

Robert and Elizabeth

:howdy from Gilbert and welcome to ACE! :thumbs

Look Mike (Nort99), it's another RED one!!

Welcome from NE Phx! :howdy

We do like to see pics so get em posted :thumbs

• 2 weeks later...

Just for the record, I'm new to the Vette world. I'm a lifelong gearhead, but only just got around to the big time.

Has anyone figured out my user name?

Just for the record, I'm new to the Vette world. I'm a lifelong gearhead, but only just got around to the big time.

Does it have to do with Mark Donohue winning Indy in 72? Also you've got a rather uncommon name, did you have anything to do with Barrett Jackson this year?

Does it have to do with Mark Donohue winning Indy in 72? Also you've got a rather uncommon name, did you have anything to do with Barrett Jackson this year?

The registered name is the same as a local news person that was involved in motorsports a while back. I do not know if this is the same person.

Yeah, didn't Rick DeBruhl used to cover the F1 races on Speed channel? I watch every race to this day.

Even if it's not that guy, welcome to Rick/Donohue72!

Welcome Rick to the ACE forum from Gilbert. :howdy ...or you are the Rick DeBruhl from channel 12 news...maybe? Anyway, who cares, you drive a vette and thats all that matters...and welcome again. :thumbs

So are you the Mark Donohue that won Indy in 72, then you changed your name to Rick DeBruhl for the local news station?

Or are you related to Mark Donohue?

Bueller?

Well if it isn't the local News12 Rick DeBruhl then they are awfully close. He lists his zip as 85004 and check out KPNX's address:

KPNX-TV 12

1101 N. Central Ave.

Phoenix, AZ 85004

Sorry, it's what I do for a living! :lol:lol

You're just another Vette lover here Rick! :thumbs

I am all of the above, except Mark Donohue. I'm a lifelong car geek and I've had the good fortune of being involved in race broadcasting for the last 22 years. I started with ESPN and moved to SPEED five years ago. My full time job is at Channel 12, so the race thing is strictly part time (although some years it feels like having two full time jobs).

I happen to be a huge fan of Mark Donohue and consider him one of America's greatest racers. While his most famous achievement was winning the 1972 Indy 500, he could win in just about anything. I still think his greatest achievement was third place in the 1971 Canadian Grand Prix. It was his first time in an F1 car and it was raining. Third place was amazing.

As for the Corvette, I need to get my act together and actually take a picture!

Very Cool on sharing your back ground. :thumbs

Now go out and take a picture of your Vette and post it up.

Phil... :devil

:agree

Thanks for sharing. Hope to see you at one of our upcoming events soon!!!!

Thanks for sharing! I'd love to hear some of the stories you no doubt have to tell about racing.

I'll watch for that red 97iin the neighborhood cause unless you moved, our kids went to middle school together a number of years ago.

Thanks for sharing! I'd love to hear some of the stories you no doubt have to tell about racing.

I'll watch for that red 97iin the neighborhood cause unless you moved, our kids went to middle school together a number of years ago.

I'm still a Moon Valley kind of guy.

Speaking of which, does anyone know of a good corvette shop in North Phoenix? I figured I should find a good one before I need one.