NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Need parts for C3 headlight conversion and 700R4 Auto trans

chevy69

Hey guys - I'm still pluggin' away at my '69 frame off. I'm looking for a few parts and thought I might find them here:

I am converting to the "killer lights kit" ( http://www.mcspeed.homestead.com/Our_Products.html ) electric headlights for C3s which utilizes '93-'97 Firebird or Trans Am headlight actuators (motors) and arms. Anyone have a pair of these motors and arms? It's even ok if the plastic gears are bad cause I plan to change out the gears with brass ones that are available. I already bought the hardware kit and the headlight control module and wiring components, so all I need are the actuators (motors) and arms.

Additionally, I decided to have a little more fun with my daily driver as well. Since I only have a 6 mile each way per day (one way) commute I picked up a '67 C-10 Short bed stepside pickup. The guy I bought it from is a cop up in Prescott Valley and he builds street rods and customs. He did a nice job on this truck but needed money for his other (41 coupe) project and I bought it right :D

It has a '90 caprice drivetrain (305 V8 and 700R4 trans). It runs great w/ a painless wiring kit and throttle body EFI, but I suspect the donor trans has limited life (it has 90K mi on it). I am looking for a 700R4 Transmission for rear wheel drive cars (my case stamping is 8663549). Many years will fit. Or if someone knows of a good deal on a rebuilt unit that might work too. I could provide a core after I swap in the new one.

Here's a couple pics of the "new" truck (taken at Wildhorse Pass). Thanks, Tom

DSC02950.jpg

DSC02866.jpg

DSC02926.jpg

Great looking truck! :thumbs

I doubt that they're the same but I've got a pass side C5 headlight motor that I never got around to putting in. I'll make you a smokin deal if you can use it.

Great looking truck! :thumbs

I doubt that they're the same but I've got a pass side C5 headlight motor that I never got around to putting in. I'll make you a smokin deal if you can use it.

Eddie - first of all what the hell is that rabbit doing top that chicken? ( I know I don't spend enough time over here or I would already have that answer) :D

I don't think that would work but thanks for the reply!!!!

Eddie - first of all what the hell is that rabbit doing top that chicken? ( I know I don't spend enough time over here or I would already have that answer) :D

He's making Easter Eggs! :D

He's making Easter Eggs! :D

That just might be the funniest thing I have seen you post Eddie. :lol:lol

It has a '90 caprice drivetrain (305 V8 and 700R4 trans). It runs great w/ a painless wiring kit and throttle body EFI, but I suspect the donor trans has limited life (it has 90K mi on it). I am looking for a 700R4 Transmission for rear wheel drive cars (my case stamping is 8663549). Many years will fit. Or if someone knows of a good deal on a rebuilt unit that might work too. I could provide a core after I swap in the new one.

I have a 84 Vette trans that I will let go for a minimal cost. Mainly just to get it out of the packyard. It needs to be rebuilt. It is a 27 spline not 30 but I have the drum and 30 spline input shaft that could be used during a rebuild. I have the stock TC also.

Let me know if you are interested.. azc4vette :at: cox dot net

• 2 weeks later...
Call "Butch" at B & G Auto 520-836-0552. Tell him with the Corvette Club.

Don

Thanks Don, got it

Elkabong - Thanks for the offer, but I need the 30 spline and am paranoid of tearing into automatics :lol

Guest 1FASTC4

hmmm I have a 700R4 that came out of my 86. I have no idea what the spline count is... but it is the stock unit.

hmmm I have a 700R4 that came out of my 86. I have no idea what the spline count is... but it is the stock unit.

Sent you a PM - according to my reference material 700R4's are 30 spline after 1984