NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

[review] Phoenix Remanufactured Transmissions

Togo

bumping - we'll this just sucks - the transmission gave out on me today.

it won't shift out of second gear - well, it tries to, but just spins (like if i were pushing in the clutch) glad i bought that 3 year warranty - but damn, now i don't have a car!!!! :cuss

i'll keep all of you updated - just like i said i would!!!!

damn dude --- WTF ??!!?? My $1400 trans has lasted almost 2 full years now, with many drag races and very spirited street launches in it's history.

damn dude --- WTF ??!!?? My $1400 trans has lasted almost 2 full years now, with many drag races and very spirited street launches in it's history.

wish i had an answer - luckily i wasn't stupid enough to get a tranny from out of state though

like i said, i'll keep this thread updated - i'm gonna try and run it to the shop tomorrow so they can get started or at least look at it!

oh boy - here we go again!

spoke to their warranty department - they said i could drop it off - it would take 2 weeks

so - wonder what i'm supposed to do without a car for 2 weeks?????

ok, time to hit up corvette forum to post my apparent disgust with this company - no time like the present - oh and BTW - i'll be sending an email to the General Manager of Phoenix Retrans with my post info - wonder if all of a sudden they will have me fixed in just a couple days.

wish i could find my original CF post though - anyone know where that went????

***EDIT*** found it - i guess i put it in SOUTHWEST - i'm gonna see if i can get someone to reopen it - or just do a part deux

:cfdeadagain

FYI - it's here

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread...um_id=44&arch=1

• 9 months later...

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=1461128

Here we go again, again. I'll dig through papers for warranty info, but I think I'll take it to somewhere local -- was quoted $900 for a rebuild at a shop right by my house. (In Arkansas, now)

Not sure if a) the warranty is transferrable b) I want to deal with phoenix retrans (based on this thread, the current problem, and the various other complaints I've heard) and c) shipping it out to phoenix anyway...

What is the clutch upgrades good for? Is this something they need to keep in mind when rebuilding? I'll ask 'em about shift points as well...

I'm going to take it in and get *their* opinion on what's wrong before committing to anything.

I bought a trans from these guys and what a rip-off. Paid for the upgrades and I found out they really did not do sh$$. Needless to say I had it rebuilt elsewhere. Oh... It failed after 500 miles on the way to San Diego at 11pm just outside of Quartzite.

My recommendation is run away as fast as you can.

Guest Chad@AZPS

We just did a rebuild of Quicktrips C4 trans. Ask him how his trans is doing? And what he thinks about PHX Reman.

Chad

I sure wish I would have asked around before going to those Rip-Offs as well. I don't even know where to start on my nightmare with them, but to make a long story short...It took them 30 days on a warranty return to get my truck back and it still leaked everywhere. While there they took it somewhere else and that shop caused $1,200 damage to the truck body and the tranny still wasn't fixed. Finally got tired off talking to them on how it was going to be repaired and had my insurance company take care of getting there money out of them and that cost me $500. Over $900 in rental car fees for the 30 days plus the tranny at another $950. Then I took it in the body shop for a week, another $250. Then back to there new shop in Scottsdale to have it fixed finally and they screwed it up even worse. Doesn't shift into 2nd right or overdrive and the speedo doesn't work.

The guy at that store bowed up on me like he wanted to fight and started yelling at me to get out of his shop when I told him to fix the speedo that they screwed up and was working before I dropped it off. They said they weren't going to fix SHIT and to get out. So it cost me another $100 to fix part of the issue at another place and we are now going to court over those clowns. They screwed up the rear seal on the motor, so now the tranny leak is fixed, but the motor is leaking everywhere...SHIT! That was the short version of all this, there's plenty more. DO NOT EVER GO TO THIS PLACE!!! DON'T WALK...RUN FROM THEM!

Would any of you like to make a statement as to the high quality work they do and the unforgettable experience you had with them and have it notarized for me to take to court??? PLEASE! I'm so pissed off now its not funny. Get in touch with me if you want to help me out.

I also saw a lot of info on this company which is listed under three different names on RIPOFFS.com and including the BBB they are averaging 33 complaints a year. Oh yeah, this all started the week before Easter and it's now August. :bang:bang:bang:bs:bs

Tom, I'm going to look for my paper work so that I have the dates right and will write a letter. Robert :burnout