NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Inner weatherstrip installation (89 coupe)

Shifty

I could use a hand planning on how to change my crusty inside weatherstrips...

Which w/s are you referring to? I've done all the w/s except the door panel ones on the inside of the doors. Are these the ones you need replaced? Robert :burnout

Yes, it't teh inner seals against teh glass, on top of teh door panel. I just had my windows tinted, and don't want to scratch it

all up... :thumbs

Yes, it't teh inner seals against teh glass, on top of teh door panel. I just had my windows tinted, and don't want to scratch it

Those should be easy to replace....once you get the door panels off. I'm not sure if the 89 is close to the 94, but if it is then there are 5 screws and the snaps on the bottom to remove. 2 in the door pull, 1 behind the door light (pry off the light), 1 behind the door handle and 1 behind the manual lock slide (pops off). Hope that helps. :thumbs Robert :burnout

Those should be easy to replace....once you get the door panels off. I'm not sure if the 89 is close to the 94, but if it is then there are 5 screws and the snaps on the bottom to remove. 2 in the door pull, 1 behind the door light (pry off the light), 1 behind the door handle and 1 behind the manual lock slide (pops off). Hope that helps. :thumbs Robert :burnout

Any idea how teh weatherstrip is attached to teh door panel?

Again if it's like my 94, and if I'm remembering correctly, it has little fold over tabs that go through slots in the base of the w/s. Robert :burnout

OK, thanks QT! :thumbs

Good advice and help Robert...but reading his response it's almost as if he's calling you "cutey"...he obviously has not seen you in person. :smilelol

Good advice and help Robert...but reading his response it's almost as if he's calling you "cutey"...he obviously has not seen you in person. :smilelol

You know sometimes you have to do what you have to do in order to get advice. If you have to call a guy cutie I guess you have to weigh how valuable the advice is. :lol:lol

You know sometimes you have to do what you have to do in order to get advice. If you have to call a guy cutie I guess you have to way how valuable the advice is :lol:lol

Jeebus...

:leaving

(and I am pretty cute) :D :burnout

Beauty is only in the eyes of the beholder...I mean holder! :lol

Ok Qtip, how about the weatherstriping on the outside of the windows?????

They can be a pain. You need to drill out a couple of rivets and it is tough with the glass in the door. You need to remove the door panel as well. :eek Robert :burnout

Hmmm Any offers on help sometime?

Pick a day. But not this weekend or next. :thumbs Robert :burnout Keep in mind that I'm going by my 94 and the earlier ones may be different. I know that they changed the door panels in 94. I'm sure that we could figure it out. :leaving Shifter could bring his and we could try to knock out both at once. :bang

Well, if it is on a Sunday, maybe we could stop to help, or watch......

Andrew

Well, if it is on a Sunday, maybe we could stop to help, or watch......

Andrew

Or supervise! :D