NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

It's official - I can go on the Camp Verde Cruise

BSeery

The Arizona Department of Environmental (heavy on the "mental" part) Quality has blessed me.

I passed my emissions test yet again.

Normally this wouldn't be a big :drinkers occasion but it took me 4 friggin tries this year.

First time, I passed the idle and loaded test with no problems. But then I failed visual because I forgot to hook up one of my fake hoses for emissions (none of that stuff even works on my car).

So, I go back with a hose hooked up and routed to where they can't find the end of it. And I fail the idle test. :rolleyes:

So, I figure I must have bumped an other line loose. I look it all over, found a semi-loose vacuum line and figure that is the problem. I go back and fail twice as bad on the idle test :cuss:cuss:cuss .

This morning I took the laptop and tuned the fuel injection computer to about as lean as I can go without causing a lean misfire (which will cause high HC's) and hoped that would do it. I also went out and flogged the car hard for about 5 miles to clear out the converters and get them up to temp.

Well, 4th time is the G - Damn charm because I finally passed.

Here are the results:

CO ---------- Standard ----------- Results

idle ---------- 1.20 ----------- 0.28 ( last time was 3.58)

Loaded ------ 1.20 ---------------- 0.08 ( last time was 0.36)

Hydrocarbons -- Standard ----- Results

idle -------------- 220 ----------- 134 ( last trip - 471 !!)

loaded ---------- 220 ------------ 74 ( last time was 116).

So, I went online and paid my fees and hopefully my stickers will be home soon. If not, I have the printed receipt and I am ready to take this sucker out cruising.

Just as soon as I remove all this non-working crap that is cluttering up my engine compartment and I have a few more :drinkers

3,503 lbs of trouble

Hey, my '79 has ZERO emissions equipment on it, and if it's tuned right if will pass the sniffer test. Yea, all that power killing emissions junk is SO :cuss important! None of it is :cuss necessary...

...except to get me passed the visual inspection part of the :cuss emissions test :mad :banghead

and for those of us that don't have computer tuning equipment or whatever, my solution is to use 9 bottles of HEET (methanol- in yellow bottle) in 1/4 tank of gas

works like a charm every time! then when done, fill up the tank to dilute it out! :burnout: