NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust

Major

I received today my new exhaust for my C6, a Maganflow Cat Back Exhaust System #15884. I have an appointment this Saturday to get it installed. I hope it is nice out Saturday so I can take it out for a ride!

Anyone have experience with this exhaust? The majority of the opinions/reviews have been very favorable!

Majorpost-495-1172693980.jpg

I've heard nothing but good about the Magnaflows. Mike at AZP&S uses Magnaflow mufflers on some of his exhausts and they sound great. Let us know how it comes out.

I have the magnaflow on mine, Xpipe back, with stock cats.

Its mellow compared to most of the other aftermarket kits, but I'm still using stock manifolds, so it would probably be louder with headers.

Overall I really like the rumble it has.

I have the magnaflow on mine, Xpipe back, with stock cats.

Its mellow compared to most of the other aftermarket kits, but I'm still using stock manifolds, so it would probably be louder with headers.

Overall I really like the rumble it has.

I have Magnaflow Xpipe and Cat back with B&B shorty headers. They are noisier with the headers than they were prior to header installation. I like the sound and with a 'vert, you can still converse while driving. Good systme, well made and an easy install.

After attending the Gila Bend event and looking at all of those great vettes my OEM exhaust looked and sounded rather puny, so I blame you all for my most recent mod, anyway that is what I tell my wife!

Finally got a chance this morning to check out my new Magnaflow cat-back exhaust, the sound is terrific, there is very little drone, sounds really beefy but most important very comfortable inside the vehicle.

Magnaflow claims a 12 hp gain and posts a dyno chart on their web site to back up that claim, but honestly, I can't feel any difference and doubt it is that much. Check out their website for sound clips...I believe they are reasonably accurate.

Love the looks of the tips!

Major

post-495-1173030346.jpg

Guest AZ Power & Sound
After attending the Gila Bend event and looking at all of those great vettes my OEM exhaust looked and sounded rather puny, so I blame you all for my most recent mod, anyway that is what I tell my wife!

Finally got a chance this morning to check out my new Magnaflow cat-back exhaust, the sound is terrific, there is very little drone, sounds really beefy but most important very comfortable inside the vehicle.

Magnaflow claims a 12 hp gain and posts a dyno chart on their web site to back up that claim, but honestly, I can't feel any difference and doubt it is that much. Check out their website for sound clips...I believe they are reasonably accurate.

Major

halltech, FAST 90 and tune pick up the most horsepower on the C6 cars... the poor LS2s are choked heavily on the intake side! Take a spin in Phils C6 if you get a chance, hes still running stock exhaust manifolds, but has the FAST 90, intake and custom exhaust with magnaflows... it moves good!

Major

halltech, FAST 90 and tune pick up the most horsepower on the C6 cars... the poor LS2s are choked heavily on the intake side! Take a spin in Phils C6 if you get a chance, hes still running stock exhaust manifolds, but has the FAST 90, intake and custom exhaust with magnaflows... it moves good!

So, while he is out driving mine I guess I'll need to borrow the shop car for a little while. :3gears:

Seriously, if you want to see how the above mods wake up the car, just have Mike give me a call, I work about two blocks from AZPS.

Cheers,