Selling the Duramax

Loud Pedal

I am selling my Chevy Duramax. The details are in my signature. It only has 31K miles on it and I take good care of my cars. If anyone is interested, I can provide more details. I'm asking 34k and haven't listed it in the trader yet but I ordered the Ford today so she has to go soon.

I really love the truck, but want the piece of mind that a dually provides hauling so much weight in the bed. I looked into a dually conversion but it didn't make economic sense.

Here is the bohemouth that will replace her. Black, of course. Load the camper and trailer the Z, back to Bowling Green! :)

Ford????? :toetap:toetap:toetap

ford trucks are badazz! my ideal truck is a 4WD F250 diesel crewcab longbed with 12"+ lift!!!!

is that 450 coming with the "dual turbo" setup? i assume you will be going back to diesel?

will all those "go fast" goodies you have on the chevy "port" over?

I love my ford 460 fuel injected crewcab dually, bought it brand new in 93. I don't think I could afford a new one so I'll just keep this one for now.

I've seen a couple of the new ones out here test towing, to bad they messed up the headlights... :huh

truck_and_trailer.jpg

Ford????? :toetap:toetap:toetap

ford trucks are badazz! my ideal truck is a 4WD F250 diesel crewcab longbed with 12"+ lift!!!!

is that 450 coming with the "dual turbo" setup? i assume you will be going back to diesel?

will all those "go fast" goodies you have on the chevy "port" over?

Yeah, it is the 6.4 two stage turbo. Gets it off the line quicker like the Dmax does. The electronics are very specific to each mill/box - they go with the truck.

• 1 month later...

I finally sold the beast! :clap

It sure took a lot longer than I thought it would. She was a great truck for me. Now I'm truckless until the new one comes in. It was supposed to be in this week, but now they are saying the week of the 23rd. Of course as soon as the truck sells I have a million things I need a truck for. Wouldn't you know it!

Congrats on selling it, even with the high cost of diesel. So now when you get the new truck, you can help everyone with moving. :)

New F450 is a nice truck ..went and looked at one yesterday...thats what I'm going to be ordering here w/4x4...black of coarse...don't like the ford red's.....I will also have to be selling my F250 King Ranch so anyone interested let me know...it has 37k miles and ALL the toys...

see my post on my L82 for phone #'s

Ford and Navistar locking horns, the american auto industry in huge trouble anyway (doing my part), and now this!!! Anyone up for a BBQ soon? I didn't even see this as an option. I wonder of you can rig a switch to it? :lol

I guess they kissed and made up for now, but I suspect this is the beginning of an abrupt end of that relationship. I sure hope I know wtf I'm doing buying into this mess. The Duramax/Allison is such a great platform, even though Volvo makes it. America makes great V8 gassers, why can't we seem to be able to make our own deisel mills?

The new beast is supposed to be delivered in LA on the week of the 23rd now (after 2 delays that were no doubt related to the engiine shortage). I sold the Chevy to a really nice couple for a great price. Glad to see she got a good home.

• 2 weeks later...

Going to pick this monster up today! I am so psyched. Can't wait to load it up and thrash a mountain grade. :burnout

It's governed at 81 so I guess I don't have to worry about getting a ticket on the way home. :lol

10-4 good buddy, over and out.

He must be too busy driving it...

Looking at the sticker on those things they should come with wireless internet :lol

Got back Late Sunday and 1st Anniversary yesterday, so I haven't had a chance to snap some pics. But this thing is just awesome! I'll get some pics posted up soon...

You'll have to bring it out and play at the next shooting expedition.

Andrew