New member in Cottonwood AZ

Guest Stanman

Guest Stanman

My name is Stan, and I'm a 58 yr. old retired guy from Wisconsin now living in Cottonwood. After dreaming about one for 40 years, I bought my first Corvette last November. It's a Millennium Yellow C6 coupe with automatic.

I just returned from the C5/C6 Bash in Bowling Green, and it was a great experience. Besides meeting Dave Hill and seeing the new Z06 up close, the highlight was the C6 Quality Clinic, where GM engineers went over my car and updated software, tweaked settings, etc. They even changed out the seals around the rear hatch to make it easier to close without slamming, and they found and touched up a nick in the paint inside the hatch area. A powertrain engineer took a 30 minute test drive with me and monitored the car with a laptop plugged into a port under the dash. I was totally impressed with their dedication to customer satisfaction and their passion for these cars. I'm really enjoying the car, and my wife likes it, too.

I've made a few minor mods -- changed out the black door handles and spoiler/CHMSL for yellow painted ones, installed a couple of C6 logo map pouches behind the seats, added a yellow license plate frame. We put over 4000 miles on the car going to Bowling Green and back, and it was a great car for a road trip -- lots of luggage space (my wife was amazed) and a smooth, comfortable, quiet ride.

I'm looking forward to attending more Corvette events here in the West. We'll be at the Corvette 'n America Road Tour in Flagstaff in June.

We will be up in your neck of the woods on May 7th. There are other ACE members just down the road from you, just on the other side of I-17 in Camp Verde, Keith and Kelly Ayote.

They are hosting a BBQ at their place on May 7th and a lot of us from the Phoenix area will be driving up to enjoy a day of cruising, BBQ and just sitting and chatting with everyone.

Check out this link -- http://arizonavette.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=229 - for more information.

We would love to see you and your Vette at this event.

Love to see you at some of our events. Then I wouldn't be the token old guy at 53. :lol:

Congrats on the new Vette. It's been two years almost to the day for me and I still remember the day I got it. :howdy: