Diamon-Fusion Glass Treatment

Glenn

Going to have this done to my windshield this Saturday the 10th. Here is the link if you want to check it out.

www.southwestwindshields.com Just copy & paste. The owner, Ed Rairie is going to be in Phoenix starting tonight. If anyone is interested in having this done, just contact me and I'll fill you in. :thumbs

Sounds interesting but how about cost? If you know this guy I would make a marketing suggestion, put pricing on the site. I worry about anybody that doesn't put pricing on their website. My first impression is that it's so expensive that the normal person would be immediately turned off if they showed pricing up front. That may not be correct but that's my impression.

Sounds interesting but how about cost? If you know this guy I would make a marketing suggestion, put pricing on the site. I worry about anybody that doesn't put pricing on their website. My first impression is that it's so expensive that the normal person would be immediately turned off if they showed pricing up front. That may not be correct but that's my impression.

Yes, it does cost. For a Corvette he charges $695 and take about 1 1/2 hours to do it. Not a bad deal if you drive a lot of miles, which I do. Most of the applications are for motorhomes and they run about $2000, but they have "Picture Windows" for windshields. They warranty it for 4 years, unlimited mileage from cracking. If the windshield cracks, they will replace it with no deductable. Unlimited amount of time in 4 years. If you don't have glass coverage on your insurance or you don't want to turn it into your insurance, this could be a good deal for you. Just had my windshield replaced by Safelite and it cost me $864, including labor and tax. That's at a discounted price. I repalced my windshield do to chips and what I call "Sand Blasting Effect". Ed told me that it WOULD NOT fix the "Sand Blasting" that I already had on the windshield, but after the application it would help to prevent it. He also told me that it takes as little as 1/3 of a pound of force, to chip/crack a windshield. With Diamon-Fusion application it increases to 4 pounds. If you e-mail him you could have him give you a quote on your vehicle. Anyway that's the scoop I have on this. :thumbs

Yes, it does cost. For a Corvette he charges $695 and take about 1 1/2 hours to do it. Not a bad deal if you drive a lot of miles, which I do. Most of the applications are for motorhomes and they run about $2000, but they have "Picture Windows" for windshields. They warranty it for 4 years, unlimited mileage from cracking. If the windshield cracks, they will replace it with no deductable. Unlimited amount of time in 4 years. If you don't have glass coverage on your insurance or you don't want to turn it into your insurance, this could be a good deal for you. Just had my windshield replaced by Safelite and it cost me $864, including labor and tax. That's at a discounted price. I repalced my windshield do to chips and what I call "Sand Blasting Effect". Ed told me that it WOULD NOT fix the "Sand Blasting" that I already had on the windshield, but after the application it would help to prevent it. He also told me that it takes as little as 1/3 of a pound of force, to chip/crack a windshield. With Diamon-Fusion application it increases to 4 pounds. If you e-mail him you could have him give you a quote on your vehicle. Anyway that's the scoop I have on this. :thumbs

Okay, I know it's not your product but I am wondering what the advantage is over $0 deductible glass coverage? I can guarantee you I pay less than half the $695 over the same four year period for coverage. Why would I want this product? I'm not flaming, just trying to see the reasoning? It won't sand pit but if mine does I have it replaced by the insurance co. It takes more to crack it but if it does I have it replaced by the insurance co. What advantage are they giving me for the $695?

Guest UVETTYA

Yeah really, not flaming but 0 deductible glass coverage costs me about $4 a month. $695 would buy me over 14 years worth of coverage. :toetap