NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Hey Tanya. Can U have Mark call me

bj-99

Hi Tanya. I'd like to talk to Mark. Had a problem with my column lock today. I have had all the dealer mods done & installed the CLB module. Wouldn't run in Wickenburg. Took the dash apart & removed the CLB & got it running. I'm wondering if the CLB failed. Can U have him call me at 602 309-0223, pls

Guest Sidewinder
Hi Tanya. I'd like to talk to Mark. Had a problem with my column lock today. I have had all the dealer mods done & installed the CLB module. Wouldn't run in Wickenburg. Took the dash apart & removed the CLB & got it running. I'm wondering if the CLB failed. Can U have him call me at 602 309-0223, pls

BJ,

I can read too ya know! :lol:lol

Let my phone charge and I'll give ya a jingle.

BJ,

Hey, I couldn't remeber your handle. HA! Update..... the key fob has stopped working too. It worked when we left the resturant, but doesn't work now. Is it the BCM that controls the locks? We disconnected the battery, is it just that I need to reprogram the fob???

BJ,

Hey, I couldn't remeber your handle. HA! Update..... the key fob has stopped working too. It worked when we left the resturant, but doesn't work now. Is it the BCM that controls the locks? We disconnected the battery, is it just that I need to reprogram the fob???

Yep that is what you have to do to the fob. Had to do that to my c5. once. I found how to do it in my manual.

To re-learn the FOB's...

Turn key to run, clear the DIC by pushing the option button several times until a blank screen comes up.

Push and hold the reset button for about 2 seconds until the "learn FOB" comes up.

Push the reset button on more time briefly and you will see the procedure to learn the first FOB.

(push and hold the lock & un-lock buttons at the same time on the first FOB)

When the first FOB is learned, it will ask to do the same for the second FOB.

Turn key to off when finished.

To re-learn the FOB's...

Turn key to run, clear the DIC by pushing the option button several times until a blank screen comes up.

Push and hold the reset button for about 2 seconds until the "learn FOB" comes up.

Push the reset button on more time briefly and you will see the procedure to learn the first FOB.

(push and hold the lock & un-lock buttons at the same time on the first FOB)

When the first FOB is learned, it will ask to do the same for the second FOB.

Turn key to off when finished.

Just a friendly hint, do both FOB's. I know someone that will go unnamed that only did one and then about 3 mos later misplaced the one he did. And for those of you thinking it was me, your wrong! :D

I think this C5 FOB reprogram, CLB mod, DIC MoFo, BCM BS Voodoo Magic click your heels three times stuff and won't start crap sucks for you guys. What ever happened to just insert your key into the lock/ignition and turn...It unlocks and starts. LOL! Sorry, I couldn't resist.

All this fancy High Tech Crap :bs ...Just more stuff to go wrong and piss you off. Like I said before, I can't believe GM hasn't fixed this issue yet after all these years.

I think this C5 FOB reprogram, CLB mod, DIC MoFo, BCM BS Voodoo Magic click your heels three times stuff and won't start crap sucks for you guys. What ever happened to just insert your key into the lock/ignition and turn...It unlocks and starts. LOL! Sorry, I couldn't resist.

All this fancy High Tech Crap :bs ...Just more stuff to go wrong and piss you off. Like I said before, I can't believe GM hasn't fixed this issue yet after all these years.

Sure they've fixed it. In my C6 I just sit down and press the start button. They couldn't fix the column lock so they did away with the ignition all together. Typical GM Engineering, if you can fix the cause just get rid of the problem. :lol:lol

Hey Tom, how many times have you had to plug in a laptop to your 82 lately????