Home repair prices?

Scratch

Anyone here familiar with paint/drywall/texturing prices? I know there has to be a basic formula used for pricing out things, like $500 a room, a dollar amount to square footage of drywall, ect?

Thanks in advance. :thumbs

I'm gonna try and outbid my insurance on the living room repair, can't be to hard :bang

24 looks and not one anything :huh

I was one of the 24 but don't have a clue on pricing. I was waiting to hear a response cause I've got a large area of my garage ceiling to repair after the roof leaked.

Andrew has the name of a good contractor who does drywall repair and might give you another bid if needed.

I had a water leak an it damaged the ceiling in one of the bedrooms and was told it would be about $400 to replace ONE sheet on the ceiling, incluing paint i guess... Hope that helps some...

I was one of the 24 but don't have a clue on pricing. I was waiting to hear a response cause I've got a large area of my garage ceiling to repair after the roof leaked.

Andrew has the name of a good contractor who does drywall repair and might give you another bid if needed.

A hole, patch, a little buff and wax...what is needed?

A hole, patch, a little buff and wax...what is needed?

Nothing like yours but probably 2-3 sheets depending on damage when they do demo. I have a couple other patch situations too. One in the upstairs bath and one where a window leaked in the living room.

I've done sheetrock on a cabin we owned in Heber but just hung and taped it. I didn't do the finish because we did tongue and groove pine over it.

So yours is an insurance job? 2-3 sheets :eek

Mine is 14 sheets, inside and out, plus painting at least 3-4 rooms, wood floor has to go also :leaving

Mine is 14 sheets, inside and out, plus painting at least 3-4 rooms, wood floor has to go also :leaving

No, mine's not insurance. They say poor original design and upkeep on the roof, not storm damage. House is only 13 yrs old but underlayment was crap under the tile.

No, mine's not insurance. They say poor original design and upkeep on the roof, not storm damage. House is only 13 yrs old but underlayment was crap under the tile.

sounds like a new twist to a Corvette sat. :yesnod

I'd be willing to help you hang the rock if you think you can finish it or know one of your fire buds that can finish it. I want mine to look good but doesn't have to be perfect since it's in the garage.

Well thanks, but hoping to get this done either by a company or a buddy deal.

But I'm sure some of us can knock yours out. What kind of texture you got, popcorn or ??

I've done drywall before but it's been awhile.

I wouldn't mind helping out on a weekend.

I used to be an electrician (for like 2 years) so let me know if you want some plugs & switches added in the process. ;)

Cost us 5k (material and labor) to do our entire 1500 sq ft addition (walls and ceilings). 4 Bedrooms, Landry room, utility room, and two bathrooms. So it should cost you less then that :D .

Cost us $200 to get 10 register holes patched up (from old evap. cooler) and two sheets of drywall hung and taped. He also texture the drywall to match the ceiling and wall. Same guy who did the addition; cut us a good deal obviously.

We had one estimate come in $1500 higher for the same job.

I'm guessing $1200 for your job but prices can vary by a lot.

Cost us 5k (material and labor) to do our entire 1500 sq ft addition (walls and ceilings). 4 Bedrooms, Landry room, utility room, and two bathrooms. So it should cost you less then that :D .

Cost us $200 to get 10 register holes patched up (from old evap. cooler) and two sheets of drywall hung and taped. He also texture the drywall to match the ceiling and wall. Same guy who did the addition; cut us a good deal obviously.

We had one estimate come in $1500 higher for the same job.

I'm guessing $1200 for your job but prices can vary by a lot.

But does he come down to Phx??? :toetap

Just talked to insurance lady...told her I'm not happy, going on 3 weeks, so I will do the work :lol

She says she sent an initial estimate, and in her opinion, very generous :huh

we'll see...but I told her I had more to add to the list :toetap

Hey, the boy was asking for prices, so I gave him prices :D

Oh, and Tony, a lot of these guys are busy 2 or 3 weeks out, especially if there any good. If their available to start the next day, I'd be a little concerned.

God I'm glad I'm done with contractors :bang

:huh:huh

Oh, and Tony, a lot of these guys are busy 2 or 3 weeks out, especially if there any good. If their available to start the next day, I'd be a little concerned.

God I'm glad I'm done with contractors :bang

I was asking on my behalf! If he comes to Phx I might call on him to do my job.