Filing your 2006 taxes

Robert and Elizabeth

Robert and Elizabeth

For those of you who like to do your taxes yourself, like me, this site is super easy and accurate. It is located at www.taxactonline.com and we always do the ultimate bundle for $15.95. This ensures electronic filing of both federal and state. It shows you in real time what your refund or what you owe is as you go through all of the programs. What is really neat is the next year, you can overlay your same info (like dependents, job info, mortgage info etc...) and do it in half the time as long as you remember your user id and password to get back in to your profile. We have used it for 4 years now and have had no problems with it. It is easy to understand and they have great tax tips along the way if you want to read them in a pop up box. We just did it 1/28, and our refund per the IRS and the state of AZ will be in our checking account on or by 2/9. Yippee!! :thumbs

Do they stand behind you in an audit? Thanks for the info...

Dude, haven't you seen the commercial? You just talk to the box...

Just kidding of course...sounds like a pretty cool site if we don't end up going to a person. :)

Robert and Elizabeth

As far as standing behind you for an audit, I do not think so. It depends on you to give it accurate information. It is like your doing it by paper at home, but just online with tax hints given to you along the way. Just save all of your receipts/papers you use and use the tax help it offers for deductions and you should be ok. Like I said, we have used it for 4 years now and have never (knock on wood) been audited. We do not own a business or rental property and only have one job for each of us. So, maybe that is why it is good for us. When it gets more complicated, perhaps a real tax preparer may be your better option. :thumbs

We do not own a business or rental property and only have one job for each of us. So, maybe that is why it is good for us. When it gets more complicated, perhaps a real tax preparer may be your better option. :thumbs

:agree:agree:agree

Yup, it's hard for us tax people to make any decent living off EZ filers. We need the big dogs, like ICULUKIN, so we have extra mod money :)

if you have state farm you can use turbo tax online for free

go to statefarm.com and "sign up" while signing up, input your policy numbers

go back the next day and on the top left of the page after you sign in, it says file your taxes.

i have mine mostly done, just have to tidy it up a bit and add my business expense and profit (which i have none)

Speaking of tax's and such. My wife and I just became Travel Agents and need to get hooked up with a good accountant. I know their are some business owners here, so were asking for some ideas.

Thanks

Speaking of tax's and such. My wife and I just became Travel Agents and need to get hooked up with a good accountant. I know their are some business owners here, so were asking for some ideas.

Thanks

We have a couple accountants too. Either Melissa (AnM Racing) or Dan (Vettetax) are both accountants. There may be others that I'm not aware of but they'll have to speak up. PM either Dan or Melissa and I'm sure they could help you out.

if you have state farm you can use turbo tax online for free

go to statefarm.com and "sign up" while signing up, input your policy numbers

go back the next day and on the top left of the page after you sign in, it says file your taxes.

i have mine mostly done, just have to tidy it up a bit and add my business expense and profit (which i have none)

Sweet, thanks for the tip. Where do I send the $50 that I would have spent on software or can I just buy myself something pretty? :eek

Where do I send the $50 or can I just buy myself something pretty?

That there is already to much info!!! :huh:lol

I saw a really cute pair of pumps at Friedrick's that might match your car! :yesnod

How high is the heel? I like to keep them low since I am already tall enough :U