NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Welcome AZDoug

Desertdawg

Hi Doug, :howdy

Year of Corvette 1961

Color Custom Candy

City Tempe

Welcome to ACE!

Please take a minute to tell us about your self, and how you found us. Then post a picture of your 1961 Resto Rod so we can drool over it...

Be sure to check out the events section...

Hi,

Thought I would check in and see what is going on here.

Had this car 32 years, probably have it until my heirs sell it.

NCRS people get out the garlic and wolfsbane when I am around. :D

CVette8.jpg

corvettesept96_8.jpg

Doug

ohh mann .. Cragar S/S's and a classic Vette!

Nice color too :) .. really makes them Cragars stand out.. I'm likin it :)

(remembers people takin the bottom half of the grille-bumper off an stuffin a straight axle underneath . . mostly chrome :)

-Frank (NCRS woulda hated me big time if I had owned a '62 Vette for *sure* -evil grin )

Hey Doug! :howdy and welcome to ACE from Peoria! :thumbs

What a bitchin' 'vette! :clap I think you'll find that we aren't a bunch of 'NCRS' types, most are more into modding and actually driving 'vettes than having the correct date-coded spark plugs or whatever. :bang

Thanks for sharing the pix of your awesome car, hope to see ya at an upcoming ACE event! :yesnod

Robert and Elizabeth

Oh my gosh, that car is just absolutely stunningly beautitul!!! :agree

Hello from Gilbert and welcome to ACE! :howdy

Hope to see you and your awesome car at an upcoming ACE event. We have our monthly lunch this saturday at Hooters...check it out in the events section and RSVP if you can make it. I would have placed a linky here, but I don't know how! :bang

Thanks for all the kind words!

The car was painted in 1986, so it is starting to show its age in a few spots that the pics don't show, but not quite bad enough to get repainted yet, maybe a in a year or two, as it is no longer show winning quaility like it was in the late 1980's.

That is 25 coats of nitro lacquer, black base, gold pearl,and then House of Kolor candy, and a couple coats of clear urethane.

A few check marks here, couple places where the pearl went flat, the ubiquitous stress cracks, nothing major though, but they bug me.

Right now is the time I am working on upgrading the engine/drivetrain,as I would be afraid to touch it with a new paint job.

Thinking about get rid of the L46 cam and maybe try an LT1 cam with 1.6 rockers on the intakes. Or maybe pull the entire 327 motor and have it completely gone over, or maybe a 350, or an LS2. Nah, too much work to put an LS2 in.

Cuirrently unning a narrowed 12 bolt 3.31 posi and Richmond 5 speed, i think a 6 speed OD would be nice, or maybe a 4L60 or such

Doug

Thanks for all the kind words!

The car was painted in 1986, so it is starting to show its age in a few spots that the pics don't show, but not quite bad enough to get repainted yet, maybe a in a year or two, as it is no longer show winning quaility like it was in the late 1980's.

That is 25 coats of nitro lacquer, black base, gold pearl,and then House of Kolor candy, and a couple coats of clear urethane.

A few check marks here, couple places where the pearl went flat, the ubiquitous stress cracks, nothing major though, but they bug me.

Right now is the time I am working on upgrading the engine/drivetrain,as I would be afraid to touch it with a new paint job.

Thinking about get rid of the L46 cam and maybe try an LT1 cam with 1.6 rockers on the intakes. Or maybe pull the entire 327 motor and have it completely gone over, or maybe a 350, or an LS2. Nah, too much work to put an LS2 in.

Cuirrently unning a narrowed 12 bolt 3.31 posi and Richmond 5 speed, i think a 6 speed OD would be nice, or maybe a 4L60 or such

Doug

Quit it, you're making me drool. :lol I'd keep the Richmond and have the 327 breathed on. A 4L60 needs a 'puter and harness to control it, I think. Keep it old school. Maybe a Gear Vendors will fit: Linky

Love that paint, no matter what. :thumbs

Hey Mike and Dawg! It's BLACK under there! :devil