NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

One of ours?

Scratch

Black C6 I believe, with flames on the sides, sitting along the freeway by Power Road yesterday,

with 3 DPS cars keeping him company :leaving

The SECC Lambo guy should be thanking his lucky stars he didn't take a trip downtown for a bologna sandwich dinner and a new best 'friend' named "Bubba". :twitch And a flamed C6? Not gonna stick out like a turd in a punchbowl there. :willy "Arrest Me!" Shocker he got popped. :huh And he got the 3 cop-pile on treatment too...."Boy...you know how fast you wuz goin'?" (*hawks a loog) "You wanna step outta the car, puuleeze?" :eek

I wonder what all that will end up costing Mr. Lambo, not that he minds. :rolleyes Wife just paid $220 for her 67 in a 40. :(

Stealth, my brothers. Learn it, live it. And yet another reason BLACK is better! :devil

Man, that's gotta suck. I really try to avoid that kind of stuff. Never know who may be watching. Just slow down unless it looks like it's going to get dangerous.

One of ours?

Black C6 I believe, with flames on the sides, sitting along the freeway by Power Road yesterday,

with 3 DPS cars keeping him company :leaving

I don't think he is a member here, but it sounds like he would fit right in with this crowd... :hat

I know exactly how he feels Im still waiting for bad news to come in the mail or from my lawyer :devil

Guest XLR8TNC5

Wow, that was pretty heavy with the citations on that ticket. I think it is ridiculous. The other guy tailgating him and following him too closely should have been pulled off the road by the cop first.

It feels a lot like a sort of entrapment to me when a cop lets something like that go and someone decides to take recourse by putting distance between them and the a-hole! I don't see how that is reckless or aggressive driving either. Unless the Lambo dud was putting other people in danger to get away. Then that sucks.

Not taking sides either way on this one cause I wasn't there and you're only hearing one side of the story.

Just wanted to post the definition of "entrapment". It is probably the most misunderstood defense around.

ENTRAPMENT - A person is 'entrapped' when he is induced or persuaded by law enforcement officers or their agents to commit a crime that he had no previous intent to commit; and the law as a matter of policy forbids conviction in such a case.

However, there is no entrapment where a person is ready and willing to break the law and the Government agents merely provide what appears to be a favorable opportunity for the person to commit the crime. For example, it is not entrapment for a Government agent to pretend to be someone else and to offer, either directly or through an informer or other decoy, to engage in an unlawful transaction with the person. So, a person would not be a victim of entrapment if the person was ready, willing and able to commit the crime charged in the indictment whenever opportunity was afforded, and that Government officers or their agents did no more than offer an opportunity.

On the other hand, if the evidence leaves a reasonable doubt whether the person had any intent to commit the crime except for inducement or persuasion on the part of some Government officer or agent, then the person is not guilty.

In slightly different words: Even though someone may have [sold drugs], as charged by the government, if it was the result of entrapment then he is not guilty. Government agents entrapped him if three things occurred:

- First, the idea for committing the crime came from the government agents and not from the person accused of the crime.

- Second, the government agents then persuaded or talked the person into committing the crime. Simply giving him the opportunity to commit the crime is not the same as persuading him to commit the crime.

- And third, the person was not ready and willing to commit the crime before the government agents spoke with him.

On the issue of entrapment the government must prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the defendant was not entrapped by government agents.

Guest UVETTYA

Hey Eddie,

Please don't take this personal because it has absolutely nothing to do with you personally. You're a great guy and a good friend, but with all due respect to you and your profession, what a bunch of bullshirt that explanation is! (and I know it's not YOUR explanation, you're just the messenger) :lol

Regardless of the bullshirt excuses the lawmakers offer for this kind of crap, it's a planned deception designed to trick people into doing something illegal that they may or may not have done if they weren't provided the opportunity or provoked to do so.

I don't think it's right to provide someone with an opportunity or intentionally provoke them to break the law, and them bust them for it if they do. In any other situation makes you an accomplice.

So if this kind of crap isn't entrapment, than nothing is.

ENTRAPMENT:

the state or condition of being entrapped; also : the affirmative defense of having been entrapped by a government agent (as an officer or informant) —see also PREDISPOSE

NOTE: Entrapment is available as a defense only when an agent of the state or federal government has provided the encouragement or inducement. This defense is sometimes allowed in administrative proceedings (as for the revocation of a license to practice medicine) as well as criminal proceedings. In order to establish entrapment, the defendant has the burden of proving either that he or she would not have committed the crime but for the undue persuasion or fraud of the government agent, or that the encouragement was such that it created a risk that persons not inclined to commit the crime would commit it, depending on the jurisdiction. When entrapment is pleaded, evidence (as character evidence) regarding the defendant that might otherwise have been excluded is allowed to be admitted.

Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of Law, © 1996 Merriam-Webster, Inc.

Steve

Hey Eddie,

Please don't take this personal because it has absolutely nothing to do with you personally. You're a great guy and a good friend, but with all due respect to you and your profession, what a bunch of bullshirt that explanation is! (and I know it's not YOUR explanation, you're just the messenger) :lol

You're 100% right in what you say above. I'm just th messenger. I just wanted everyone to know what is and isn't entrapment. Particularly on CF I hear "that's entrapment" "take those cops to court and you'll get off" when it isn't entrapment.

I personally have some reservations in believing the story I read about the undercover cop following the guy as long as he allegedly did but I'm not going to call either party a liar as I wasn't there. If someone was following me in my expensive sports car and this would include my Corvette for the length of time he was followed I'd get the hell off the freeway and see if he was truly after me. If I saw that he was still following me I'd be on my cellphone to the cops. Again, I'm not calling anyone a liar, I'm just a doubter on this one. I believe there's alot left out of the story you and I read.

Guest 1FASTC4
:lurk:P

Thanks God that wasn't me. After he caught me the third or fourth time I would have pulled onto an offramp, waited til he pulled up behind me, then got out of the car to kick the crap out of him.*

*At which time the undercover police officer would have maced me or batoned me(if I was lucky) then probably proceed to stomp the poop out of me because I tend to get really mad when I get maced or clubbed w/ a stick.

Headline: Father of four is dumbass, Cop stomps him into the pavement then arrests him for a litany of stupid driving, assault on a police officer.... yada yada yada.

Follow up headline: Wife of father of four does not bail him out and is quoted as saying: "I'm angry at the police officer for what he did in this situation. I visited my husband in jail and he is still angry at gettting all those tickets and for getting arrested. Obviously, the officer didn't knock any sense into this man and I wish he would have hit him a few more times."

Guest UVETTYA
I personally have some reservations in believing the story I read about the undercover cop following the guy as long as he allegedly did but I'm not going to call either party a liar as I wasn't there. If someone was following me in my expensive sports car and this would include my Corvette for the length of time he was followed I'd get the hell off the freeway and see if he was truly after me. If I saw that he was still following me I'd be on my cellphone to the cops. Again, I'm not calling anyone a liar, I'm just a doubter on this one. I believe there's alot left out of the story you and I read.

Yeah, I wonder about that myself. We're only hearing one side of the story. They may have had plenty of reason to follow him to begin with.

Guest UVETTYA
Thanks God that wasn't me. After he caught me the third or fourth time I would have pulled onto an offramp, waited til he pulled up behind me, then got out of the car to kick the crap out of him.*

Steve, I know how you feel. I've felt the same way. But I don't think it's a good idea to get out of your car during a road rage incident. You can draw a better bead on them from a sitting position. :yesnod

Guest 1FASTC4

Steve, I know how you feel. I've felt the same way. But I don't think it's a good idea to get out of your car during a road rage incident. You can draw a better bead on them from a sitting position. :yesnod

:lol:thumbs