Do we still do wrench days?😬 Asking for a friend

Togo

Hey all.... My wife has been pushing me to get my car back on the road as the last time it was registered was 2011🙈. I remember we did this quite a bit back in the day with the host (that would be me) providing refreshments (I would take a vote on what any attending members would like). I need to do a little prep work by removing the passenger side head and get it Milled to match the drivers side.  Then the reassembly is where I'd need help...I also would like to replace a bunch of the A/C stuff while it's torn that far down.  

My downfall is that it's been apart for so long I don't feel like I have the skill level for a complete reassembly.  

We could complete the reassembly over a couple days/weekends if there are any takers.  So I'm throwing this out there before I start the final disassembly and machine work. 

We're in the west valley near 59th and bell if that matters.  

We want to get back in the game and join the group for upcoming cruises and meetups! 

Thanks for giving this a look. 

Hope you are all doing well! 

Hey Chris. :chris  <- (still have your smilie active)

No one has done any wrench or detail days in quite awhile now. Most of the old members are… well old now, and not as active on here.

All you can do is pick a date and see if you can get some interest. 

It would be fun to see you active again….

• 2 weeks later...

Yes I still wrench. I am near 59th Ave and Pinnacle Peak Rd. I am old too but not dead yet. I would love to hang and help. PH # 6025100636. Text first so I know it's you. I will call you back ASAP.  REtired and always home but don't lookmat my texts as much as I should......I'm busy wrenching!  I hope to hear from you soon   Johnny     Lurch

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Lurch said:

Yes I still wrench. I am near 59th Ave and Pinnacle Peak Rd. I am old too but not dead yet. I would love to hang and help. PH # 6025100636. Text first so I know it's you. I will call you back ASAP.  REtired and always home but don't lookmat my texts as much as I should......I'm busy wrenching!  I hope to hear from you soon   Johnny     Lurch

Hey thanks!  I gotta clean out the garage a little so I can slide my cat back over (she's on casters right now) my next step is to get the passenger side head off so I can get it machined "to match" the drivers side and then reassembly can start.  If you are open to helping with that minor disassembly, I'll get the garage straightened out VERY SOON so we can move around in there and get started!  My wife keeps threatening to buy ANOTHER Corvette, so I wanna get the one we have running before she goes out and spends money on another one😂😂😂😂

Would be more than happy to help out. Call me when you have a chance. Like I said please text first or if you feel comfortable enough please send me your phone number. I am a retired mechanic so any tools you might need I have. Lurch