NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Got an 82 - 84 Crossfire Injection? Read this....

Phill's Vette

Phill's Vette

:howdy Over the weekend Tom and Jim (Buccaneer & Elkabong) installed their new Fuel Pressure Assembly on my stock 82 Vette with 103,000 miles. They also changed out my stock fuel pump for an 85-87 vette pump, which is a must for an 82! The stock pump, even new, will not give the TB's enough fuel - the 85 pump takes care of that.

They also set the fuel pressure using this new Fuel Pressure assembly that is now installed inplace of the stock line between the TB's; also, did timing and rebuilt AND rebushed the TB's throttles; if you have ANY sideways play in the throttle lines that run to both TB's, then you have a vacuum leak as I did.

Now, there is PHENOMENAL difference in the power, performance and idle; it feels and sounds like they dropped a new motor in while I wasn't looking! The tires will smoke from start while in drive and while in 2nd, WHOA! These guys are offering their Fuel Pressure Assembly and TB bushing service on their new web site: CrossFireInjection.Net

If you have CrossFire Injection, you don't have to hate it anymore! Their stuff helps to make CFI much easier to tune and keep tuned to a top performance level! I helped with everything they did to my car and I now have a WAY better understanding of Crossfire, MY Crossfire! If you have an 82 - 84 Crossfire, talk to these guys!!! :yesnod:yesnod:yesnod:yesnod:yesnod

My vette I doudt has never ran as good as it does now!

AMEN!

Top View of Fuel Pressure Assembly

47ak6k4.jpg

Another Top View

455ua7c.jpg

Back View

455ua7c.jpg

Left View

43eqttv.jpg

With the air cleaner on view; you can hardly see so it still looks stock - as I like. The gauge is readable without removing the air cleaner housing.

4cwtt1k.jpg

Stock TB fuel line replaced by their FuelPressure Assembly

2l9m8th.jpg

Very cool to hear of our local members creating a mod to sell and improve other Corvette enthusiasts cars.

Glad to hear you enjoy your new found horsepower.

Very cool! We can all use a little more HP :thumbs

That's one of the great things about this place, we can all help each other improve the Vette experience.

Oh yeah, wait until I sell my CE, then go out and start selling the stuff that I needed....

So I went and placed an order anyway...

Dear Sirs,

I would like to place an order for the following item...

Future Performance Pkg

Price: $0.00

I would also like a discount on the shipping rate...

Please get back to me soon, I actually need to install this item before the future gets here.

Joebuying Public.

It's good to see Jim and Tom putting this together, I hope it succeeds.... :thumbs

Very cool to hear of our local members creating a mod to sell and improve other Corvette enthusiasts cars.

Glad to hear you enjoy your new found horsepower.

:agree Good stuff there!

Congrats on the improvments. Glad to see it helped out on performance. Can't wait to check it out at Gila Bend.....

Andrew

• 2 weeks later...

sounds like something i should look into. how much does something like that cost? i still think i need to rebuild my engine also. i just rolled over 190,000 this weekend.

Brian...You have mail! :D Bring your car down here and we'll hook you up, you buy the parts, lunch and beer and we'll do the rest and your 82 CF will be running nice. :thumbs

Phill's Vette
Brian...You have mail! :D Bring your car down here and we'll hook you up, you buy the parts, lunch and beer and we'll do the rest and your 82 CF will be running nice. :thumbs

Careful Brian, these guys drink a LOT of beer - bring a keg. :cheers Also, OMG! the amount of food they eat could feed a car show! :jd

Really though, you'll be in very good hands and your CFI will run like a dream! :3gears: I cannot say enough for the improvements they did to my 103,000 mile, 1982 CrossFire not to mention the the wealth of info I got from Tom and Jim! Good Guys!

:smilelol Now that was funny! :smilelol Wait a minute...my head is expanding as I type, stand back, its going to explode! :ack:willy

Well, at least we wait until after the work is done to start drinking or we would never finish... :drinkers The offer still stands though.

sounds good. i guess i just have to find a way to come up with that money now....and someone to buy the beer for me. :D if you guys are interested i will show you what i am working with when we are at Gila Bend.