Big drain on battery

Mag red 02 vert

Mag red 02 vert

Not sure if this should be under detailing or troubleshooting.
My C-5 was detailed last Friday. Everything great. Saturday morning battery dead. Charged battery thinking it was just something left plugged in or not turned off.  Charged again and dead again this morning.  I charged it and took voltage drop readings. One full volt from 12.44 to 11.45 after one hour and down to 6.60 after 2 hours. 
Question:  what could the detailer have done and where do I start looking?

Its a pretty fresh battery and too much of a coincidence to not believe the detailer is the culprit. 

TIA

If a battery is taxed hard in this heat, even a new one, it could hurt it permanently. 

Either hook up an amp meter and see what you’re pulling or take it in and test load the battery.  

Mag red 02 vert

Thanks for the suggestion. I’ve retreated from Arizona to Oregon so heat shouldn’t be a concern. Although three months of non stop rain this spring took a toll on my psyche!

Temps in the 60’s at night. 

As Desertdawg said you need to get a multimeter that you can setup for measuring current, then start pulling relays/fuses to see when this current drops as you remove/replace pulled fuse or relay. 

You could also check the large connectors in footwell and by firewall. Separate connectors and spray real good with connector cleaner and reassemble.

Also connections at starter are big current draw areas. Don’t know if the C5 (likeC6) is susceptible to the cracked plastic around the solenoid or not, but check that. 

Charge your battery and get it load tested.  That's the only true test to know if the battery is dead/dying

Make sure you don't have any interior lights hanging up.  Glove compartment, rear hatch.  These are known issues

Check your positive battery cable, see what your voltage drop is.  Not parasitic but it will cause starting issues.  The age your car is, stuff like this will start popping up

6 hours ago, TheCMSH said:

Make sure you don't have any interior lights hanging up.  Glove compartment, rear hatch.  These are known issues.

C5’s had the sun visor lights that would stay on too….

Sorry to hear you’re having such a tuff time with rain and those almost unlivable temperatures….

• Like 1

My 7 month old "minivan" is on it's second battery.  The first tested as failing during an oil change.  Battery = Expendable

11 hours ago, Desertdawg said:

C5’s had the sun visor lights that would stay on too….

Sorry to hear you’re having such a tuff time with rain and those almost unlivable temperatures….

Its just like a spa here, aint no thang 

Mag red 02 vert

I just installed new sun visors. Those tiny led lights wouldn’t pull that much. But I checked and they operate as designed. 
Got back home and bored in again. Noted the little barrel switch for dash and interior lights that toggles in and out and rotates was clicked to on.
That solved it. Obviously with a dead battery impossible to detect. Pretty infuriating. 
page 2-54 of owner’s manual describes the “Inadvertent Load Control” to prevent draining the battery!

I avoided the fuse testing!

You ACE guys are the best!

Stay cool!

2 hours ago, Mag red 02 vert said:

You ACE guys are the best!

Stay cool!

Be happy all we did was post suggestions. If you would have invited us over to help we would have just broken stuff and drank your beer. 

• Haha 1