A few pics of Yosemite from our visit last week

NativeAz

old yeller

Excellent pictures and videos.

It is nice seeing all that water. :cool

Wow!  Simply spectacular!  Thanks for sharing.

Were you able to hike any of the waterfall trails?  I remember there was one called the "mist trail" and by the time we got to the top we were soaked! I don't remember the name of the specific waterfall. . .

Where in the park is that one lane road through the overhanging rock?  That is really cool!

Desertdawg

Just wow!!!

Hopefully this time next year we can cruise thru there after retiring. 

We hiked to Yosemite falls, and Bridalveil falls. Fairly short hikes from the trailheads. We were pretty wet at both waterfalls due to the "mist" . We also hiked to Mirror Lake, which was flowing over small dam due to snow runoff. 

Many roads and trails were closed due to the snowmelt flooding. They had one of the largest snowpack on record.

Waterfalls were at full tilt and some appeared in places that usually did not have falls. The Merced river and tributaries were flowing at a high rate and washed out some areas and roads. The Big Oak Flat entrance road into the park on the NW side was closed part way due to the flood washing it out. We had to change our hotel a week before we left to stay near the West entrance near El Portal. We were lucky to find one of the last rooms available. We made our original reservations 2 months before our planned departure date.

The entrance is named Arch Rock after the rock archway you saw in the photos. The roads into and out of the park are separated and one way. 

If you plan on going, avoid June-August, Holidays, etc. The day we left to head home (Friday) the line just to get into the park was very long. There were road markers showing wait times at certain points. Over 2 hours at one point.

We usually left the hotel around 7:30am and never waited for more than 3-4 cars to enter. Park was pretty empty until around noon, and even then it was not crowded. The campgrounds were very full and areas around them had few open parking spots. 

• Thanks 1

Beautiful area for sure. Makes me want to pack up my fly fishing gear and head out….:lol

Thanks for sharing.:thumbs

On 5/30/2023 at 8:45 AM, NativeAz said:

The entrance is named Arch Rock after the rock archway you saw in the photos. The roads into and out of the park are separated and one way. 

^^^ :thankyou:  I haven't been there since I was a kid and I didn't remember that going in!