NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Steeroids rack and pinion steering kit for C3's

BSeery

Well, I pulled the trigger so to speak and ordered another upgrade for my 1980.

Steeroids_Corvette_Large.jpg

This is a Steeroids rack and pinion steering conversion kit. It takes the stock steering and throws it all in the trash.

The stock setup has a recirculating ball steering box (which just sucks after 25 years and 100,000 miles), the rag joint, pitman arm, idler arm, and the stupid control valve and power assist ram that the C2's and C3's had and replaces all of that with 1 rack and pinion assembly. about 20 pieces of worn out heavy metal crap gets replaced with a brand new rack and the wobbly tie rod ends get replaces with spherical bearings.

This set me back $1250.00 and I hope it's worth every penny.

Right now it's on a 2 week backorder, but once it comes in and I start the install I will document it all right here in case someone wants to do this for their C2 - C3 Corvette, 67-69 Camaro, 65 -70 Mustang, or 68-74 Nova.

The stock setup has a recirculating ball steering box (which just sucks after 25 years and 100,000 miles), the rag joint, pitman arm, idler arm, and the stupid control valve and power assist ram that the C2's and C3's had

Hey, easy now I just replaced half of that "stupid stuff" on mine. Now it works almost like new, and since it only cost about $160.00, I could almost afford it... :toetap

BTW, I guess the backorder moves our wrenching day to later on. Keep me posted on when you want to tackle it... :thumbs:

The stock setup has a recirculating ball steering box (which just sucks after 25 years and 100,000 miles), the rag joint, pitman arm, idler arm, and the stupid control valve and power assist ram that the C2's and C3's had

Hey, easy now I just replaced half of that "stupid stuff" on mine. Now it works almost like new, and since it only cost about $160.00, I could almost afford it... :toetap

• 2 weeks later...

I got this in the e-mail today:

"Greetings Bryan, your Steeroids did ship out on Monday - the tracking info follows. Feel free to call us at 1.888.425.2776 if you have any questions. Thanks!

Tracking number XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Reference XXXXXXXXX

Ship date May 2, 2005

Delivery location CHANDLER, AZ

Service type Home Delivery

Date/Time Location/Activity

May 3, 2005 12:21 AM SHAWNEE, KS/Departed FedEx location

May 2, 2005 7:36 PM SHAWNEE, KS/Arrived at FedEx location

5:29 PM LENEXA, KS/Picked up"

It's on it's way !!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Ruready2go

I saw on corvette forum that you had some questions...I had saved this link, it has more pics.

Ron

pics for steeroids