Westside Repair Shop

Chameleon

So. . . I always hesitate to give recommendations, but I just had a really good experience at:

J+R Performance

125 S 57th Drive

Phoenix, AZ 85043

480-878-8695

rick@jrperf.com (is the owner)

My Vette has 123K miles on it now and, in addition to some normal, age-related issues, it had a variety of frustrating (mostly electrical) gremlins going on.

The shop was busy so it took a couple weeks before they could take my car.  I spoke with both Rick (the owner) and Kyle (mechanic) before, during and after repair.  I was treated as a knowledgeable Corvette owner, which was a breath of fresh air compared to some shops which have treated me quite disrespectfully as a "clueless female."  :cuss  

They fixed the issues I brought the car in for, and they found a few issues I wasn't aware of.  I was given detailed photos and descriptions of what they found and recommended repair for my approval before they proceeded.  My bill was slightly under what was quoted, despite the few extra problems found.  My car was returned to me in original condition (no dirt or other mess in the interior) and they had even adjusted my tire pressures before I picked it up.

The next time I need a repair shop I will go back.  

This shop has two specialties "GM" and Jeep.  The "GM" side focuses on Corvettes and Camaros. 

• Upvote 1

That's awesome! :thumbs You can fill me in Sunday on all the issues since I didn't know you had any before. I bet they have a lot of experience since they work on Jeeps...LOL Good to know about shop. BTW, speaking of Sunday, it would be nice to see more CFI C3s, jus sayin'. :smilelol

On 12/9/2022 at 5:06 PM, Buccaneer said:

speaking of Sunday, it would be nice to see more CFI C3s, jus sayin'. :smilelol

I could bring a picture of my computer chipped Quadrajet.  😉

I wonder if Rick finally changed his tune on E85 and milling heads lol! I remember that guy calling me an idiot for milling LS7 and 3 heads years ago. Glad you had a good experience there and it sounds like he has chilled out some. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/9/2022 at 10:47 AM, Chameleon said:

So. . . I always hesitate to give recommendations, but I just had a really good experience at:

J+R Performance

125 S 57th Drive

Phoenix, AZ 85043

480-878-8695

rick@jrperf.com (is the owner)

My Vette has 123K miles on it now and, in addition to some normal, age-related issues, it had a variety of frustrating (mostly electrical) gremlins going on.

The shop was busy so it took a couple weeks before they could take my car.  I spoke with both Rick (the owner) and Kyle (mechanic) before, during and after repair.  I was treated as a knowledgeable Corvette owner, which was a breath of fresh air compared to some shops which have treated me quite disrespectfully as a "clueless female."  :cuss  

They fixed the issues I brought the car in for, and they found a few issues I wasn't aware of.  I was given detailed photos and descriptions of what they found and recommended repair for my approval before they proceeded.  My bill was slightly under what was quoted, despite the few extra problems found.  My car was returned to me in original condition (no dirt or other mess in the interior) and they had even adjusted my tire pressures before I picked it up.

The next time I need a repair shop I will go back.  

This shop has two specialties "GM" and Jeep.  The "GM" side focuses on Corvettes and Camaros. 

that’s good to know. I have had a hard time finding a good vette mechanic. I’ll check him out next time I’m in need.