HIRED!!!!

F22trainer

Survived the interview, and with only 1 cup of coffee. I jumped at the chance to be first one (out of 11) when everyone hesitated. I was done and getting handshakes by noon....had no idea what to do with myself next, so I came home and gave the car a bath - shirt sleeves and I wasn't even cold!

I have a conditional hire with American Eagle Airlines. Because I will get my seniority number based on my age I will most likely get my chioce of bases....

I'm thinkin' San Jaun...they got 'vettes there too??? If I take it I'll be flyin the turbo-props (which is AOK with me) and the upgrade time to Captain is shorter. Otherwise it may be Chicago or Boston and flying the CRJ jets.

oh hell...I don't know what to do now - careful what you wish for eh?

Of course the condition is that I pass the check-ride for my type rating in Denver, then it's off to Dallas for 8 weeks training there.

WAH HOOOO - time for an O'Douls and a fat Cohiba!

Congratulations!

Those lil turboprops seem like they would be a lotta fun with a light loadout :)

'Brakes' -check-

'Flaps up' -check-

'Tower, Four-zero romeo departing pattern altitude'

'Throttles UP!'

'Ahh .. Roger Four Zero Romeo, have a nice flight!'

'Brakes released!'

'Rotation' ..Climb established, leveling at Five K AGL, throttles back to cruise'

-evil grin-

-Frank

:clap Muy bien Senior! :clap Congrats! I knew you could do it all along! :D

Some people got it, some don't. Hell, I got sick on the tourist-trap chopper in Kauai! :U And the Mission: Space Ride at Disney. :U And the..... :lol

WAH HOOOO - time for an O'Douls and a fat Cohiba!

Don't forget, FAA gives pee pee test.... :lol Congrats Michael!!! :thumbs

CAVU to you!!!

If I take it I'll be flyin the turbo-props (which is AOK with me) and the upgrade time to Captain is shorter. Otherwise it may be Chicago or Boston and flying the CRJ jets.

my advise,

Get a seat on the newer type of aircraft. If thats the CRJ Jet then so be it.

The Capatin time may be longer, but as other aircraft are phased out, you will have more log time on it and be in a better position when airlines start using it more.

Dont be in a hurry to be a capatin, it will come soon enough.

2 cts.

congrats brother!! you worked hard for this.

cheers

chad

Congrats!! First class all the way!!

Sorry Sir! First Class is an upgrade and will cost you $$ or miles. :lol:lol

That's AWESOME Mike...Congrats for sure! Good luck in whatever you end up in and wherever you go. :thumbs:clap

If I take it I'll be flyin the turbo-props (which is AOK with me) and the upgrade time to Captain is shorter. Otherwise it may be Chicago or Boston and flying the CRJ jets.

my advise,

Get a seat on the newer type of aircraft. If thats the CRJ Jet then so be it.

The Capatin time may be longer, but as other aircraft are phased out, you will have more log time on it and be in a better position when airlines start using it more.

Dont be in a hurry to be a capatin, it will come soon enough.

2 cts.

congrats brother!! you worked hard for this.

cheers

chad

Good tinkin' Chad. That's pretty much the reason for my mental debate. The arguement for Puerto Rico has good news / bad news: Good news is - your stuck 14 a minimum months flying around the Carribean and stying at resorts with tons of gorgeous women. The bad news is - your stuck 14 a minimum months flying around the Carribean and stying at resorts with tons of gorgeous women.

And, they aren't phasing out the turboprops - they are actually bringing more back, because they are cheaper to operate for many, though not all , commuter operations.

THANKS FOR ALL THE CHEERS!!!

I still have a ways to go - it ain't over yet. I'l probably be around a couple more months at least - off and on anyway.

Guest XLR8TNC5

Congrats to you Michael! Well done! You have been working so diligently for this and I am very happy for you!

When do you plan to fly ACE to BORA BORA for the congratulations party? :lol