Buccaneer did it again!

rickety

First Tom volunteered to come all the way to the California (west) side of Phoenix to help me get my 82 running again as in a previous posts. He recommended to get a fuel pressure gauge so I can monitor it, to get the throttle bodies balanced. (He stated that both really need to be totally rebuilt). He also recommended a new ECM through x-fire performance. He said he was temporarily out but would have some soon. I balanced the throttle bodies. (I'll rebuild them after summer heat has gone). Eventually I did get the ECM & fuel pressure gauge from x-fire. Fuel pressure is reading 13-1/2 psi. I installed the ECM yesterday & as soon as it fired up I could hear & feel the difference from that old 40 year old ECM! It idled so smooth! Unbelievable! It always had a slight vibration at idle. I took it for a spin & was amazed at the immediate throttle response & performance increase! Tom was right! It is worth it! Thanks again!!

• Like 2

Extender32

Yep,  Tom knows his stuff when it comes to the cross fire stuff. Come on out tomorrow morning for the west side cars and coffee.

• Upvote 1

I'll have to catch the next one!  I just installed my steering column that I rebuilt & the steering box & valve that I had Benchworks rebuild for me. I thought by not needing to replace any tie rods that it should go back together without needing a front end alignment. I don't get it why my tires look like a duck walking. They aren't too bad but I have an alignment appointment Monday morning. 

Desertdawg

Yep, Tom is pretty good at making those Xfires run. 
I’m proud to say I was there in the beginning. 

Desertdawg

Yeah but there is still a soft spot in my heart for that 82 Collector Edition. 

1115B540-55EC-4F6D-BFCC-3F2A7BB8A7DC.thumb.jpeg.00e1f96a14bdc59648cee789357347f9.jpeg

Hey thanks Rich. :thumbs Glad you like the EBL ECM, it does work great with my tune in there to boot. That stock tune IMO is better than GM tune, but not as conservative as GM tune either. Should pull pretty hard mid and high end now. Enjoy!:party

• Upvote 1

I probably mentioned this previously, but you just got the C3 equivalent of a golf lesson from Jack Nicklaus.  

Major league assist there Tom, good on ya! :thumbs

• Upvote 1

There is a 82 collector edition for sale on Craigslist for $3300.00 desertdawg if you want a project!

17 hours ago, rickety said:

There is a 82 collector edition for sale on Craigslist for $3300.00 desertdawg if you want a project!

15 hours ago, Desertdawg said:

That’s pretty rough. :ack:

Project for your coming retirement. . . :thumbs  :P

Holy Shit...that's rough. Definitely a retirement project. I saw a few pieces that I could use if parting out for another project I want to do. Mmmmm...

Even the one in Scottsdale for $17K is pretty ratty and NOT worth $17K for sure.

Desertdawg

The project for my upcoming retirement in 721 days is to travel the country.
A vagabond traversing the asphalt ribbons crisscrossing this country at 10 mph under the speed limit, in a fiberglass cocoon of propane gas and black tank vapors, wearing flip flops and a Hawaiian shirt with on hand on the wheel and the other draped over my babe while planning my next Walmart parking lot stop for a cold beer and a bag of pork rinds …..

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Desertdawg said:

The project for my upcoming retirement in 721 days is to travel the country.
A vagabond traversing the asphalt ribbons crisscrossing this country at 10 mph under the speed limit, in a fiberglass cocoon of propane gas and black tank vapors, wearing flip flops and a Hawaiian shirt with on hand on the wheel and the other draped over my babe while planning my next Walmart parking lot stop for a cold beer and a bag of pork rinds …..

^^^ that right thar be Hillbilly Heaven . . . :smilelol :thumbs

• Haha 1

I don't see how you can afford to travel now, let alone anything in the way of travel in 721 days. Better retire now!

Desertdawg
19 hours ago, Chameleon said:

^^^ that right thar be Hillbilly Heaven . . . :smilelol :thumbs

Deep down aren’t we all a little bit hillbilly?

• Haha 2

Sounds great! Cruise the countryside, see a lot of scenic sites which there are a lot & some are really cool then what after a year....maybe two you will find yourself needing another project??!!

Desertdawg

I hear ya, we plan on traveling around until we get tired of it, settling down somewhere maybe not so brown 

Then we’ll figure out what to do next. 
BTW. Sorry, didn’t mean to hijack your thread. 

Not sure what you mean! This site is the first for me being on any website thread....string.....I have to look it up when people put a few letters to mean complete sentences! I've learned LOL & BTW!! So no worries you can input whatever you like on my "thread"!

• Like 1

Yeah...Dwayne does that kind of stuff. LOL, LMAO OK, jus kiddin'. :smilelol

Desertdawg

Hijacking.  I posted in your thread a subject that took your thread in a different direction than you originally intended. 

it used to be a crime punishable by setting your pubes on fire or something like that, now I’m guessing in light of today’s feel good society I might receive a whipping with cooked spaghetti noodles and 3 months counseling. 

• Haha 1