Cinderella's Corvette

German

Suppose you could have any Corvette ever made, but... it arrives Saturday morning and vanishes at midnight - just like Cinderella's carriage. That means the price is irrelevant. All that matters is which one would you want to have and enjoy for one glorious day. So, let's hear it. Dig into the brain and let's see what you like; tell us which one and why you picked it.

Mine (today, anyway...): 1960 Fuelie, White, red interior (sucker for the classic look) hardtop on. Four speed, big brakes. I love the C1 and 1960 is not only the last year of the "droopy tail" that I like, but also the year I was born so I'd pick that year. I'd like to take it up Yarnell hill to Prescott and back down with a detour to Bagdad on the way home. I haven't driven a C1 since 1980 and it would just make my day.

It would be a toss up between a 62 or a 67. If it was the 62, any config would be OK really, but... If it were the 67, it would have to be maroon, with black stinger and redline tires, black leather interior, coupe. 4speed of course, ( do not think a rock crusher was available) 427 435hp tri-power motor, side pipes, aluminum wheels, 3.55 or 4.11 gear, A/C would also be nice, but pretty sure that wasn't an option for 67 BB vette, only the SB 350 motors? Am I being too specific?  :smilelol It would be a fun ride for a day though. :thumbs

• Like 1

One day of ownership:

1966 427 435HP (L72)

Red/Black

Conv./with removable Hardtop

Long term ownership:

May have to go with the 327 350HP (L79) with A/C. It would be a very hard decision. 

Half day on the twisties, half day on a track. 

1966 C2 Corvette

• Like 1

I would say 1 of the 2 ‘69 ZL1’s but that might be to much of a holy grail. 
So I’d settle for a day in a ‘69 L88 on the mountain twisties. 

• Like 1

I'd take a 69 LeMans Blue with a 427/435HP 4-speed car just to drive up to Prescott to see how well it handles the twisties.

• Like 1

1965 396/425hp convertible with side pipes & 4-speed. Of course, it would be Daytona Blue (whether, or not correct color for this year).  This is the meanest corvette I've ever driven.

• Like 1