Gas leak?

Ray55

Just bought this Corvette last Friday. Went to fill it up today with gas and gas poured all over the ground before the gas pump even shut off. Who else has had this problem? Is there any recall on this? It’s a 2001 C5 base model. 
anyone have the cost to have this problem repaired? I’m going to file a complaint with the NHTSA. 

I don't know about the C5 but the C6 has had issues with the crossover tube and that was covered up to 10 yrs from when the car first went into service.

Passenger side tank is known to develop a crack at the top where the crossover tube connects.  Known issue as the car ages I'm afraid.  Worse part, they don't make the tanks aftermarket, so you're going to a salvage part

You'll learn how much fuel you can put into it after a few tries.  Listen, don't let the gas pump decided, short fill it by a couple gallons and you likely won't have to deal with it

C5 is long out of warranty for this.  You should go over to CorvetteForum (aka "the big board") and many have tilted at this windmill to no avail.