Parts

Desert Rider

Just bought a low mileage C4. Looking for a good source for parts in Chandler area, and recommendation for mail order parts. Thx!

Corvette Central & Ecklers is a good place to look. I just ordered a lower valance panel from Corvette Central and it arrived in less than a week.

With Ecklers especially, pickup the phone and make sure the part is in inventory..... not that it’s readly available.

Mail order, AVOID Corvette Mods. They have a rating of "F" with the BBB and hundreds of complaints filed against them by customers they have cheated. I won't bore you with my personal horror story...:cuss

Thanks for the replies. I just ordered a car cover from Ecklers using their 20% discount code, to find out AFTER the sale that I only got 10%. Reading the fine print after several clicks it does say "up to 20%". Very disappointing and misleading. I won't do business with people like that and canceled the order.

• 2 weeks later...
Desert Rider

Thanks for your recommendations; it looks like 20th St Auto is out of business. I need one of the hand screws that holds the air filter assembly together. No idea where to go. Would that still be a dealer item? Thx

I have not used this business but have you tried Max's Vette Stuff in Mesa?

480-964-0779. 

3 hours ago, old yeller said:

I have not used this business but have you tried Max's Vette Stuff in Mesa?

480-964-0779. 

Hey Joe, Max's is somewhat OK, but he IS real hard to deal with most of the time. He thinks that everything he has is gold in price. I hate talking with him unless I REALLY need something that I can't find elsewhere. But...I guess he is worth a shot.

I don't like Eckler's anymore as well. Their customer service SUCKS! It seems like all the big corvette resto companies are not as good as they used to be. I have been using Corvette America lately and they have been OK for what I needed and was surprised at some of the stuff wasn't bad...from China. GL on your search.

• Haha 1

On 12/23/2021 at 9:40 AM, German said:

I have covers from California Car Cover Company and am very happy with them. They have a variety of types and prices for different applications.

https://www.calcarcover.com/ 

IMG_5166.jpg

IMG_4508.jpg

Which specifically are those covers by that company Herman? Are they also lined? I like em! :thumbs

Tom,

The covers have a soft flannel lining. They are the "Plushweave Cotton Flannel Indoor Custom Car Cover". If they got lost tonight, I would buy the exact same thing again.

IMG_6728.JPG

2 hours ago, German said:

Tom,

The covers have a soft flannel lining. They are the "Plushweave Cotton Flannel Indoor Custom Car Cover". If they got lost tonight, I would buy the exact same thing again.

IMG_6728.JPG

Thanks! :thumbs I also love the way you pulled back the cover to reveal... :smilelol Nice!

• Like 1

Something useful for any car cover is to blow it clean before removing it. I use my air cannon, a leaf blower works the same. Because you fold it over on itself, you don't want the dirt, dust, grit getting on the inner surface that will later rub on the paint. 

23 hours ago, Buccaneer said:

Hey Joe, Max's is somewhat OK, but he IS real hard to deal with most of the time. He thinks that everything he has is gold in price. I hate talking with him unless I REALLY need something that I can't find elsewhere. But...I guess he is worth a shot.

I feel your pain.  I bought several small parts & pieces from Max when I was rebuilding the '64.