C5 aftermarket seat comfort

Swenz

I have been researching the restoration of my sport seats on my recently purchased 2001 Vette. From what I have found replacing foam, leather covers, air bags, etc. I can spend two grand.

I also have been considering after market seats. Lots of praise for the Corbeau A4's. Looks like a pair can be had for half the cost of stock seat restoration.

I like to drive long distances easily exceeding 8 to 10 hours in a day sometimes.

My question is just how good are aftermarket seats for this type of driving?

I do like like the adjustability of the stock seat tracks. Is it possible through fabrication to adapt to aftermarket seats?

So if not the A4's then who's? Educate me. Thanks.

I sat in a C5 with Corbeau's and I hated how they felt, I think they're really designed more if you track your car, they help lock your butt in in place, I think I long road trip would be liken to torture.  They were narrow, hit me poorly in the back of the legs and low back.  They do make them for wider folks, cannot speak to that. Plus, I believe  you have to hard mount them into a C5, I do not believe they are made to retrofit onto the factory adjustable rails

The factory seat foams do go flat, you can purchase a full set for around a hundred bucks and do DIY pretty cheap or take it to an upholstery shop if your leather is in good shape.  If the leather is shot this helps you none, new skins are expensive

Just my experience, someone else's mileage may vary