New Radiator for my '82

Lurch

Time for a new radiator and I want to put in an aluminum rad. Any recommendations?  2 row, 3 row, 4 row?   Who might have the best deal? Thanks.

I use DeWitts and it has been working just fine for the last six years. I had them paint mine black as well to look like stock vs all shiny aluminum and aftermarket looking.

I agree with Buccaneer.  DeWitts makes the correct radiator for your car.  Their radiator, combined with the correct fan, fan clutch and thermostat, will get you back on the road with confidence.

• 3 months later...

I put an aluminum one in my 82. Attached two electric fans. Changed thermostat to 160. Still wasn't impressed & at idle it seemed worse so I had the original recored & put it back in. Maybe needed better fans?

Something else is wrong with your cooling system. A 160 is NOT the fix to make it run cooler, just opens faster. Once it's fully open, it just stays fully open. If you are getting hot while idling, you have an air flow issue and it may be your clutch fan, rad shroud is not properly sealed and air is going around the rad vs through it. A aluminum rad should help a lot, but if it isn't, you have other issues going on with the system. I would remove the 160 stat and put the stock 195 stat back in, new of course.

My idea was eliminating the stock fan & going electric for a little more hp. The fans most likely were the reason it didn't work out for me. Just not drawing enough air through.