NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

WTB: Front License plate blank (Painted factory black)

AWIZRD

Hello all,

I purchase a front license plate and found that it is just black plastic and obviously looks out of place. I thought I would inquire here to see if anybody has a cover that is already painted before I try to get an estimate to paint it

2001 C5Z

Have you checked with 20th Street Auto?  I think that part is standard across all C5 models and years.  Worth a phone call, you might get lucky. 

Tough ask, I think maybe the only shot you might have would be calling one of the speed shops around town, Cordes, ADS, Extreme.  Usually the only reason those come off of an Arizona C5 is if someone adds forced air and they use that license plate filler space as part of the air intake.   Otherwise, anything of those in a scrap yard gets picked up pretty quick by people moving here from out-state and they need to fill in like you're doing.

I'd probably give Ebay a look, check states where there's front plate requirements. You just never know, someone might have one hidden away in a closet

I'm a bit confused as to what you need.  Do you need the panel with "Corvette" on it, or to you need the license plate bracket that mounts in that spot?