Photos of a few C6 projects

94transamgt

I decided that I wanted to change up the look of my c6, and the wheels were starting to show their age after 140k miles. So I purchased a set of the late model C6 starfish wheels for a good price and decided to paint them a dark metallic gray. I also used this same dark metallic gray to paint the interior pieces, that will be the next post.

20190922_064955.jpg

20191011_192024.jpg

IMG_5939.jpg

• Like 1

Here are some photos from the interior parts that were painted. I had previously painted them with a simulated brushed aluminum look, but thought I would try a more modern darker look. I also painted the trim around the gauges with the DSOM (same as exterior).

20190921_113652.jpg

20190922_181103.jpg

IMG_6007-HDR.jpg

IMG_6029-HDR.jpg

Also with the refresh of the interior, the seats were showing signs of the mileage and age. I ordered a set of seat covers from interior innovations, I option the covers with orange stitching and micro suede center sections.   

20200821_143021.jpg

20200821_180026.jpg

IMG_6024-HDR-2.jpg

IMG_6182.jpg

I had long ago removed the coil covers from the engine bay, and wanted to dress it up some so I added Holley valve covers, and painted the coils red. You also might be able to see the Mike Norris catch can that I added.

20200628_120719.jpg

IMG_6164-HDR (2).jpg

IMG_6181.jpg

The latest project that I worked on during Christmas was refinishing a transparent targa top. I bought this targa top for a very reasonable price. I refinished this top because it had some crazing and oxidized surface. The refinishing process was way more difficult and time consuming than expected, and the results were not perfect. I may end up redoing this top in a couple years in an attempt to get it near perfect.   

20201218_142921.jpg

20201218_170548.jpg

20201226_124754.jpg

20201226_124821.jpg

Looks great Logan. It’s fun painting those gauge bezels right? I had a tough time holding them from blowing away by the spray can as they weight next to nothing.....

I was considering having my transparent top painted instead of try to refinish as the heat coming thru those roof tops is crazy down here, I do have the heavy cover held on by suction cups to block the heat though.

I also need to hook up with you for some new photos..:thumbs   

• Like 1

Love the new rims, they look great.

I lucked out 2 years ago and found someone selling their un-used top to replace my sun crazed original..

• Like 1

21 hours ago, JohnU said:

That roof looks great.  No one will know otherwise when you pass them!  😉

Thanks, it does look pretty nice. I really think it's a cool option.

20 hours ago, roneva said:

Looks great!  Frankly I admire anyone who will take it apart and go with the improvements.  Really like the wheels.

It's amazing how much wheels change the look.

19 hours ago, SixAddict said:

Looks great Logan. It’s fun painting those gauge bezels right? I had a tough time holding them from blowing away by the spray can as they weight next to nothing.....

I was considering having my transparent top painted instead of try to refinish as the heat coming thru those roof tops is crazy down here, I do have the heavy cover held on by suction cups to block the heat though.

I also need to hook up with you for some new photos..:thumbs   

I bet it is tricky to hold the trim rings and paint, I had mine taped down, and paint with a airbrush.

I have heard of people using tint on the inside of the top, I wonder if you it cuts down on the heat.

I know we talked about doing some photos, did you finish your upgrades? I think you were waiting for carbon fiber spoiler and side skirts?

8 hours ago, Desertdawg said:

Love the new rims, they look great.

I lucked out 2 years ago and found someone selling their un-used top to replace my sun crazed original..

I had bought one probably 7 years ago really cheap, and turned a decent profit on it thinking I would find another one. But as time has gone by nice tops for a reasonable price are a rarity. 

5 hours ago, mrhusker said:

Awesome, awesome, awesome. Good job with it. I still love the orange on the C6's.

Thanks, got to try to keep it nice as it gets older. Maybe some day it'll be a gem like your C5.

1 hour ago, 1991 ZR1 said:

Looks great, nice updates, looks like a different car

Thanks, not nearly as cool as a new car....... lol

• Thanks 1