Engine work needed

Rick Flu

HELP, I need a reputable repair shop to repair the motor on a '73 454 corvette. I brought my 'vette to Bromleys corvette to upgrade the top end. Put in cam, intake, headers and aluminum heads. They installed the wrong heads and valves smashed into the heads. Created quite a mess. they have pretty much wash their hands on my car. Looking for somebody to fix what they screwed up. Any recommendations?

DSCN2061.JPG

DSCN2062.JPG

DSCN2063.JPG

19 hours ago, TheCMSH said:

Ugh........ We've heard this sad song before, sorry about your woe, you are not alone in getting your car screwed up by them

Call Vintage Iron up in Scottsdale, they have fixed a few of Bromley's eff ups:

http://www.vintageironandrestoration.com/

Unfortunately welcome to the club. Definitely Vintage Iron. My Wife and I are the recipients of some very shoddy work by Bromley and Vintage Iron was able to unscrew the screwups by Bromley. 

I’ve not had work done by them but I’ve heard quite a few horror stories. I’m wondering why they’re still in business with the reviews I’ve read. Extender had a really bad one. You’ll have to find it and read it. Good hard working people should never end up victim like this. 

• Like 1

Wow sorry to hear this. I have not been on here in a while but I was under the impression that Bromley was the place to go for early Vettes.

23 hours ago, aenigma said:

I’ve not had work done by them but I’ve heard quite a few horror stories. I’m wondering why they’re still in business with the reviews I’ve read. Extender had a really bad one. You’ll have to find it and read it. Good hard working people should never end up victim like this. 

36 minutes ago, Big Tom said:

Wow sorry to hear this. I have not been on here in a while but I was under the impression that Bromley was the place to go for early Vettes.

Unfortunately, both early and late model Vettes belonging to ACE members have been on the receiving end of simply terrible work from Bromley's.

I think he stays in business because this is a large city, apparently enough people have a good experience to refer him, and some folks don't dig for history on the shop before taking their Vettes to him. 

Did you get your money back?  Out of curiosity, husband was looking at pictures perplexed how that could’ve happened.  What heads and cam did you put on? 

Bromley is pretty talented for getting this engine to start. There’s more things screwed up with this than the wrong heads/valve size for the pistons. Looks like the timing chain may have been installed wrong.  He didn’t even bother cleaning the deck surface. Pushrods are stock and used.  Pretty crazy. 

• Like 1

OUCH! Unfortunately, the first mistake was taking your car to Bromley. I wouldn't let him change the oil in my lawnmower, let alone work on my vette. Way to many horror stories with that place. However, another vote for Vintage Iron and talk with Mark, the owner. Good guy, honest. :thumbs Good luck and get your money back.

Hard to even tell online unless you dig.  If you look at Google , last time I was curious enough to look, somehow he's rated 4.6/5 stars and there's a bunch of glowing reviews (somehow).  There must be a service available that will root out bad google reviews for businesses and delete them, only thing I can figure

:withstupid  C'mon John! Why would they ever do such a thing? Tarnish their reputation with BS reviews? But WTF do I know...I'm just a  :pirate:Arrrrrrrrrrr...

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Buccaneer said:

Tell me this ISN'T true! 

image.thumb.png.a5c03ecefb0511f1cebd1d210afc87de.png

He asked for the review and at the time what he did to Julies car at that time was satisfactory

43 minutes ago, Extender32 said:

He asked for the review and at the time what he did to Julies car at the time was satisfactory

I never do reviews when people ask for them. It's like they're asking (aka intimidation) for my approval of their work or product to use in promotional ads, before I've had a chance to evaluate it. They'll know how I feel, if i come back again.

• 5 weeks later...

Yup, i should have done my research too - Bromley's just took me for 2k for a Diff Leak that was never fixed. Clear issue out of the passenger axle, ended up getting a new trans cooler installed and 4 Diff seals by them - did not even do a UV additive to see where the leak was coming from. Ended up doing the entire job myself and of course no desire to make it right for the money I spent. Said he would discount future work - like I would ever bring my car back to them....

• Sad 1

Sorry to hear Eric. 

A thread like this one may help the next guy from getting screwed.