TOP GEAR MOTORSPORTS in mesa?

dwdrummer

Anybody know about this place GOOD or BAD? Was gonna get window regulator and blend door repair.  Anybody recomend any other shops on eastside. Joe has got standards now. He cant just work on any old C5. lol

Someone was talking about that place awhile back, don’t remember who but I think it was a positive review. 

These guys are solid and honest.  They have worked on several of our vehicles, including the C5.

Just west of Dobson, south side of University in Mesa.  (480) 343-5503(480) 343-5503(480) 343-5503

Welcome to GM Experts

For more than 25 years Cory Taylor has specialized in working only on GM cars and trucks as a Master GM Factory Certified mechanic. He is also a Master ASE Certified mechanic. After working at a large Phoenix Arizona GM auto dealership, he started his own GM auto repair service in Tempe, AZ. Cory does auto repairs on GMC, Cadillac, Hummer, Pontiac, Buick, and Oldsmobile cars and trucks. He is skilled in diagnosing and repairing GM vehicles for far less than you pay at dealers.

Arizona GM Experts: Master Certified GM Mechanics Located in Mesa

To get an estimate you can call, email or come by Arizona GM.

We’re open from 8am-5pm Monday through Friday. SATURDAY by appointment, 9am – 1pm. For directions to our shop, see the map below. We have moved to our new location in the Riverview area of Mesa.

Address:

2033 W University, Suite 121
Mesa, AZ 85201

Hours of Operation:

Mon – Fri: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Sat: 9:00AM – 1:00PM, By appointment Only

Call us a call:

(480) 343-5503

Established in 1995.
For more than 25 years Cory Taylor has specialized 
in working on GM cars and trucks as a Master
GM and ASE Certified mechanic. For the
past 12 years he has further specialization working
on GM, Cadillac, Corvette C5, and C6 vehicles.
Payment Options:

I haven't heard of the the ones you asked about but which Joe & shop are you referring to when you say "Joe doesn't work on just any old C5"? I must not be familiar with him. If you use someone let us know how they are. Maybe feel like kinda possibly sometime a Corvette Saturday to fix ya up?

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/21/2020 at 6:42 PM, mrhusker said:

I haven't heard of the the ones you asked about but which Joe & shop are you referring to when you say "Joe doesn't work on just any old C5"? I must not be familiar with him. If you use someone let us know how they are. Maybe feel like kinda possibly sometime a Corvette Saturday to fix ya up?

Joe from "cordes performance racing" in Tempe.

• Like 1

And I was thinking the “other” Joe (Classic Gold) was giving up on you... Hahaha.  

If you are referring to Top Gear in Mesa and I think they have moved to another shop in Mesa, not sure right now. Anyway, Sean the owner did the work on my C3 while I was deployed for three months and did the TAs, rear diff change and my 700r4 rebuild and upgrade and the work was just fine. I know that he has all his motor work done at Kelly's shop in Phoenix, WFO racing and machine, where I had my new motor done as well along with several other Aceholes here including Joe Corde.

I had Topgear in Mesa do a trans swap, clutch and torque tube rebuild on my C6. It was a really bad experience, my car was down for nearly 6 months and had to go back multiple times. Too be fair this all happened while they were moving shops, Sean also has / had a full time job outside of Topgear that may of contributed to all of the problems. 

ok. thanks for all of your replies. I dont want to throw anyone under the bus, but I thought that their prices were a little on the high side. No biggie.

I had Classic Gold pretty well do everything on mine, no complaints.  Window regulator is really a body thing and Classic does mechanics and body and they do a bunch of C5/C6 work

CrimsonNCream

I did a couple of window regulators on my 2004 Coupe and it was quite easy. I looked on the web, found a couple of videos and went by their instructions. Really quite easy.

14 hours ago, dwdrummer said:

im about to just do it myself.

Pro tips...

Use plenty of painters tape to hold the window up.

Mark you spots on the window with sharpie before you unclamp it from the window. It'll make adjustments to window fitment much easier if you know where you're starting (height, left/right).

If you set it up... ACE could be the first virtual "garage day" wrench-fest. :P  Just a thought. :ACE:  

Sorry for us not doing it, we just have to stop taking in some jobs like that as we are focusing on what want to do which is builds. Being 3 months booked with 5 guys and 3 fab guys has made it quite difficult to schedule some stuff in, We are also slowly turning down C5's unless low miles or complete builds as we are getting sort of tired of being handed cars that are hand grenades with the pins pulled and customers not addressing what needs to be done. 

22 hours ago, dwdrummer said:

im about to just do it myself.

If you need help I am in Tempe. I have some panel pullers as well.I did my 2003 a few years ago.

I bought an AC Delco motor/regulator and the electrical connection had changed.So had to run over to Chapman and get teh right connector to splice in.

Remove the speaker for more room to wiggle stuff in and out

It is a two beer , two hour job

• Like 1

9 hours ago, az57chevy said:

If you need help I am in Tempe. I have some panel pullers as well.I did my 2003 a few years ago.

I bought an AC Delco motor/regulator and the electrical connection had changed.So had to run over to Chapman and get teh right connector to splice in.

Remove the speaker for more room to wiggle stuff in and out

Only two beers?  You aren't trying hard enough  :lol 

13 hours ago, az57chevy said:

run over to Chapman and get teh right connector to splice in.

he said “teh”. HeheHehe

I’m with Jim, how the hell do you make each beer last an hour ???

8 hours ago, Desertdawg said:

he said “teh”. HeheHehe

I’m with Jim, how the hell do you make each beer last an hour ???

Drink one at 59 minutes into the project and the other at 61 minutes?  :)

Lightweight

On 12/10/2020 at 2:50 PM, joe@cpr.com said:

Sorry for us not doing it, we just have to stop taking in some jobs like that as we are focusing on what want to do which is builds. Being 3 months booked with 5 guys and 3 fab guys has made it quite difficult to schedule some stuff in, We are also slowly turning down C5's unless low miles or complete builds as we are getting sort of tired of being handed cars that are hand grenades with the pins pulled and customers not addressing what needs to be done. 

Joe...relax...Im just joking.  Hope my 60,000 mile 99 c5 isnt a granade yet. HA HA