C6 Z06 A/C and air damn plastic repair

RX4HP

So my ac on my c6 Z has not been as cold as it should be when really hot. Started last yr. I had the dealershit check it they fixed a hose/leak and recharged it. But it still wasn't good so I had another place check it and they said it was down 1.3lb of Freon and they replaced that and its the same exact amount the dealership said was low.( and replaced) ..odd... the conclusion is I may need a compressor etc.  The labor is big bucks at the dealership.   I wonder if anyone here can point me towards a good place for this type of work.  I live on the west side of town.  I also need a person who can install 3 plastic pieces under the nose of my car.  I found a body shop with a decent rate but thought I'd ask you guys about that too.   I lost part of the air damn and messed up the front part of the front wheel well liner and the bottom piece it connects to.  I have all oem parts already.  Our cars don't like to hit tire pieces etc in the road :(

Any and all suggestions would be great

thanks Tim

94transamgt

1.3 pounds is about the total capacity, so you appear to be losing all of your freon, you have a leak! The leak could be at the compressor, but usually it's around the  shredder valve, and could be a simple fix. Have a shop add UV die and locate the leak, before you replace the compressor. 

The body shop could be a good bet for the air damn install, I'm not sure what setup the Z has, the base is  an easy install.

• 4 weeks later...

Classic Gold is the only place I’d take it. At least you’ll get an honest answer there. 

8 hours ago, Eddie44 said:

Classic Gold is the only place I’d take it. At least you’ll get an honest answer there. 

^^^This^^^

MidNiteFury01

If you are a West Sider try McFall Tire on Van Buren & Central for AC.  Call them (623) 932-1333. They are a pretty straight up shop. I agree with the above - don’t just go swapping parts until you pinpoint the leak. The UV dye is a fantastic diagnostic tool.

As far as a body shop on the west side - try Gerber Collision & Glass on Dysart, south of Van Buren. 

If you don’t mind a dealership though... Arrowhead Cadillac is the place to go and ask for Bill Large in service. 

Most body shops though aren’t too keen on installing owner purchased parts and typically nullify any warranty. 

Azmotorhead

I'll put money on the Schrader valve leaking at the High pressure port.

I'm at 83'rd and DV shoot me a pm. My days off are Mon & Tue I do a fair bit of side work for members

Final Effort

I’d take up the offer from AZmotorhead.  He’s top notch and very honest.  His day job is airplane maintenance so he has to be good.