A loser hit and run

aenigma

This morning I went to the garage to get in my Vette and go get covid antibody testing.   I noticed there was a tiny edge of a piece of paper sticking out of  my side view mirror. I pulled it out and it’s a note from a Good Samaritan saying someone hit me in a parking lot and the license plate number of the truck that hit and ran.  Didn’t leave her name on it. I pulled my car out and looked at the front, yep grill is smashed and the clear bra is torn. The bra saved my paint though. 
Thankfully for covid I only went one place this entire week other than in my reserved parking spot at work and home. Walmart on Wednesday for 10 minutes after work. I guessed it had to be then. 
I spent today super sleuthing and had a very nice police officer helping, the truck had been sold and not RE-registered so it wasn’t easy.  After a full day, I found who owned it, had the officer call him and make him admit it. He admitted he hit me and it was Wednesday at Walmart. The officer told him if he tells the truth to his insurance company, I won’t press charges.  He agreed he would.  The awesome officer completed his report so if the story changes later, it’s documented. Now I get to file another claim. He told the officer he’d like to pay cash and not have me claim it.  LOL, NO, he hit and ran and has the audacity to even ask that.  I never let my clients take money rather than involving insurance no matter what the sob story is from the other party. 

People hitting me is getting OLD. 
Lonnie:  now you know why I park at the end of parking lots. 
Point taken. 
I wish I could thank the Good Samaritan and give her a 6 ft away covid hug. She saved me. I would’ve seen the damage at some point and blamed lonnie. 😂

E94EB9FF-10F8-40AB-95FC-488998BA719B.jpeg

• Like 1

Slime ball........  At least he has or claims to have insurance.     

Taking is side ......  Your car is too low and hard to see!   ........That was tried on my friend by a policeman back in 1976 when his new vette was hit by an elderly person.  My pal asked the officer "how is it GM can legally sell the car then?????"

6 hours ago, JohnU said:

Slime ball........  At least he has or claims to have insurance.     

Taking is side ......  Your car is too low and hard to see!   ........That was tried on my friend by a policeman back in 1976 when his new vette was hit by an elderly person.  My pal asked the officer "how is it GM can legally sell the car then?????"

Seriously, too low? 

Then the person walking was too slow, person in the wheelchair was too short, omg you could go on and on. Some people amaze me. 

Lonnie was a bit happy last night. He’s wanted to replace the braces forever with a different grill. Never bothered me. 

Chameleon

1 loser + 1 good samaritan = the universe remains in balance.  

Seriously, sorry this happened. Glad you were able to track down the asshat so he has to pay for the damage he caused.

1 hour ago, Chameleon said:

1 loser + 1 good samaritan = the universe remains in balance.  

Seriously, sorry this happened. Glad you were able to track down the asshat so he has to pay for the damage he caused.

I love that point. 

So, it may end well, but how did you decide it was a female ( Didn’t leave her name on it) who left the note?

10 minutes ago, roneva said:

So, it may end well, but how did you decide it was a female ( Didn’t leave her name on it) who left the note?

it was someone who saw what happened and did a good thing.  The only way I figured she was female is the type of writing. This all occurred in a 10 minute time frame too. 
I called Walmart after I thought it had to be Wednesday because I was parked in the very front row and know they use video surveillance.  They wouldn’t let me see the video but said they’d give it to an officer. So I was going to use that as backup if I could establish proof of insurance at least. Other than that, it would’ve been a waste of time. No insurance = nothing to go after. 

Extender32

Man that blows but you got lucky with the good Samaritan. Hopefully, the perp does have insurance.

Sucks it happened,but thannkfully there was someone to catch them..

Hate lying sacks that don’t own up to what they did.....

Thankfully the damage wasn't caused by a shopping cart.........  :hide:

2 hours ago, TheCMSH said:

Thankfully the damage wasn't caused by a shopping cart.........  :hide:

I just laughed out loud while sitting all alone! 
I thought of you last week but didn’t want to poke the bear. I was watching a young adult - one of those who look like pasty no sun basement gamers that never working and sponge off parents - he was a cart collector. His parents must’ve made him get a job. He looked so grumpy walking around the parking lot collecting carts. I watched him for a few minutes because it was comical. I could tell by the scowl on his face he was thinking “why doesn’t everyone put their carts back so I can go back to my basement and game? I don’t want to work”

so I left my cart by my car because I was on his parents side. He needs to work. 😂

• Like 1

6 hours ago, aenigma said:

I just laughed out loud while sitting all alone! 
I thought of you last week but didn’t want to poke the bear. I was watching a young adult - one of those who look like pasty no sun basement gamers that never working and sponge off parents - he was a cart collector. His parents must’ve made him get a job. He looked so grumpy walking around the parking lot collecting carts. I watched him for a few minutes because it was comical. I could tell by the scowl on his face he was thinking “why doesn’t everyone put their carts back so I can go back to my basement and game? I don’t want to work”

so I left my cart by my car because I was on his parents side. He needs to work. 😂

I was really looking for nothing more than to get you to laugh out loud in your office so your staff thinks you gone mad......

Mad I say!!!! 

crazy americas next top model GIF

I made lemonade out of lemons. My repair now includes a z06 grill upgrade for no additional cost. I’m loving Autonation Collision. 

• Like 2

Good call! It's definitely a good look, I love the more aggressive brake ducts.

AND AGAIN SATURDAY!  I was stopped and helpless. Watching their tail end come right up to my car and smash!  Big beast my woman with hardly anything on and everything hanging out gets out and starts to tell me what’s up. It was a bit scary because she looked like a street fighter and it wouldn’t have been pretty. Then tells me sorry, but she has no insurance. I’m not one to argue with gang bangers, so I just left. $1000 deductible for me. Her excuse is my Vette sits too low. Her bf said “oh no I hit someone and I was thinking please don’t be a nice car and damn it was a vette!” 
jerks. I’m so done.

You ever think maybe that car is cursed and you should get rid of it? Seriously, after my red vert was crashed into for the third time in 11 months, I got rid of it! :banghead

Are you at liberty to say what was the bad thing you did that caused this karma?

Oh wait, I really don't think I want to know. :unsure