NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Who Has Aftermarket Seats In There C5?

ChadC

Im wondering wether to get new padding and leather coverings or go with an aftermarket style.

I know the Corbeau a4 will fit

carr1.jpg

But id hate to spend $$$ without sitting in in it first.

So whom out there has Aftermarket seats, and how do you like them?

Chad

Guest XLR8TNC5

I do have the Corbeau A4's in my car. You can check them out anytime you want. they do come in two sizes. I opted for the 19" instead of the 21" width. I have been told the 21" will not fit in our cars. You are welcome to check mine out.

I also bought the Black Microsuede ones. I do NOT recommend those for the SUMMER driving. They are hot as hell. I love the way they look and feel though!

Mark spent a lot of time and sweat and tears installing them for me. But I have a great place you can order them from down on 7th Ave and I-17. American Racing something or other. I got mine for about $300 less from them than ordering from Corbeau.

I know Mark can tell you about how hard they are to put in the car and all the hassles he had. some people have really good luck and they go right in, some don't. We had to make a few MODIFICATIONS to get them in my car. lol. But I LOVE them as far as comfort, seating position and feel when driving. I was driving with them a day or two after they got put in and Mark yelled at me, "If you don't slow down and quit driving like a maniac, I am taking these seats out!" lol. I just felt really secure and tied into the car in them. I do recommend them! Just not the suede ones!

Will you be at Sam's on Jan 6th? I will plan to drive my ride that day so you can check them.

Lata Chadc!

T

post-16-1167579295.jpg

I do have the Corbeau A4's in my car. You can check them out anytime you want. they do come in two sizes. I opted for the 19" instead of the 21" width. I have been told the 21" will not fit in our cars. You are welcome to check mine out.

I also bought the Black Microsuede ones. I do NOT recommend those for the SUMMER driving. They are hot as hell. I love the way they look and feel though!

Mark spent a lot of time and sweat and tears installing them for me. But I have a great place you can order them from down on 7th Ave and I-17. American Racing something or other. I got mine for about $300 less from them than ordering from Corbeau.

I know Mark can tell you about how hard they are to put in the car and all the hassles he had. some people have really good luck and they go right in, some don't. We had to make a few MODIFICATIONS to get them in my car. lol. But I LOVE them as far as comfort, seating position and feel when driving. I was driving with them a day or two after they got put in and Mark yelled at me, "If you don't slow down and quit driving like a maniac, I am taking these seats out!" lol. I just felt really secure and tied into the car in them. I do recommend them! Just not the suede ones!

Will you be at Sam's on Jan 6th? I will plan to drive my ride that day so you can check them.

Lata Chadc!

T

Are you still able to use the factory seat belt? with ease?

I kninda need to make a decesion this weekend if I want to go that path. Are you in town? may I track you down to try them out?

thx chad

Guest XLR8TNC5

Ummm, some people keep the stock seatbelts if they can make the seats fit without having to remove the stock belts and assembly.. I on the other hand wanted the full on racing snugness of the seats and eliminated/removed my factory seatbelts and installed 3 pt racing harnesses. I would suggest a 4 or 5 over a 3 though, as I am not too sure I like the 3 pt and may change them out this year.

I am going to the New Year's party tonight at David and Jenna's. We are not taking the Vettes since we have Jason and Gen and my g/f Heidi with us.

I am working Tuesday and I doubt I will be in any mood to do anything tomorrow. But maybe.

Guest Sidewinder

The skinny:

It took me three days to install those seats, not full days mind you. Mainly it was, install the seat, check for movement, remove seat, cut interior trim to fit, install seat, repeat steps. The seat bracket that came with the seats won't fit with seatbelt mounting tab on the rail so I had to dremel it off. I think if you keep the stock seat rails it would be easy to run the stock belts. I called CORBEAU and complained about the rails but a velvet painting of a whale and a dolphin getting it on was worth more to them than my input. Lemme know if ya need help.