C3 seat recommendation needed

aenigma

I’m ready for seats. We got corbeau seats but they sit way too high, my head is almost to the ceiling and I’m 5’2.  I like to sit low. The stock seats sit perfectly low but I can’t sit straight up, rest my head, etc. 

Does anyone have a recommendation for aftermarket seats that sit low? 

12 minutes ago, JohnU said:

Get a set of '80-82 C3 power seats or C5's  Much nicer then the early C3 seats.

I don’t like the head supports. I can’t rest my head. The c5 seats sit too high for the C3. 

1 hour ago, Extender32 said:

I hear milk crates work well and they're adjustable.

LOL. 

I started thinking last night that I may need to keep the C3 seats due to the height thing. But I am going to try to fabricate some type of head rest within a seat cover. They have lower backs so I can’t just hook a head rest to anything. 
the seat leans back too far and doesn’t adjust so possibly a wedge of some sort within the seat cover. 
Thankfully lonnie wanted the corbeau seats for his camaro anyway so no shipping back. They’re really nice, but nobody wants to sit in a Vette that feels like you’re sitting in a truck. 

Go over to Lowes and buy a $10 kneeling pad in the garden section.  Cut a 5-6 inch strip off the end with a bread knife.  Round the upper and lower sides for a smooth transition.  Then shorten the width to fit between the bolsters in the seat back.  Drive around to test where it fits good on your back.  When happy, slip it up under the seat cover (unfasten the hog rings) to try it out.  When really happy, glue it to the existing foam and refasten the cover 

10 hours ago, JohnU said:

Go over to Lowes and buy a $10 kneeling pad in the garden section.  Cut a 5-6 inch strip off the end with a bread knife.  Round the upper and lower sides for a smooth transition.  Then shorten the width to fit between the bolsters in the seat back.  Drive around to test where it fits good on your back.  When happy, slip it up under the seat cover (unfasten the hog rings) to try it out.  When really happy, glue it to the existing foam and refasten the cover 

I like that. I have some leftover foam from redoing a couch cushion.  I’m going to try this first. Spending money on seats that won’t be comfortable either isn’t worth it. Too many nice seat covers and with a wedge, should work just fine. 

Oh wait John, you’re talking about the original seat cover. That’s even better. I’ll take it apart and see if I can add a wedge. 

3 minutes ago, aenigma said:

Oh wait John, you’re talking about the original seat cover. That’s even better. I’ll take it apart and see if I can add a wedge. 

OMG, I can't believe you want a wedgie on your seat. :hide:

• Haha 1

I put C5 seats in my 82. I’m 6’2”. Just have to do the base modification to lower them. 

• 2 weeks later...

We’re going to try corbeau A4 seats. No matter how much padding I put in the stock seats, they’re not going to sit forward enough.  It would also look ridiculous with a ton of padding. Darn it. 

21 hours ago, aenigma said:

We’re going to try corbeau A4 seats. No matter how much padding I put in the stock seats, they’re not going to sit forward enough.  It would also look ridiculous with a ton of padding. Darn it. 

I think you're trying to put the wedge in the wrong place. Forget adding pads to the front side of the back and just add a spacer (adjustable if possible) near the pivot point where the seat back attaches to the seat bottom. I've done that on a couple vehicles I've owned, because I prefer to sit a little more vertical too. Of course, that assumes the seat back will fold forward. Otherwise you would need to put spacers between the floor and the rear seat mounts.

I'd draw a picture, but the last time I did that I couldn't erase the magic marker from the monitor screen.

• 1 year later...

For those with the Corbeau's, do you have the right mounting bracket for the C3?  There are different ones.

I have a pair of Corbeau seat brackets for C3 sitting unused (never installed) in my garage, I could probably be convinced to part with...

😄

Paul

On 12/16/2019 at 11:17 AM, JohnU said:

If the issue is reach, let's start from the feet.  image.thumb.png.f41de5c486b36eeb28d0ab8a4af94240.png

well. John. Just so you know. 

9F87F1C8-1ABE-464B-9FCC-61DAFD9B2528.jpeg

On 1/21/2021 at 3:51 PM, 73sbVert said:

For those with the Corbeau's, do you have the right mounting bracket for the C3?  There are different ones.

I have a pair of Corbeau seat brackets for C3 sitting unused (never installed) in my garage, I could probably be convinced to part with...

😄

Paul

Hubby made mine from scratch because I wanted to sit as low as possible. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, aenigma said:

well. John. Just so you know. 

9F87F1C8-1ABE-464B-9FCC-61DAFD9B2528.jpeg

Hubby made mine from scratch because I wanted to sit as low as possible. 

Excellent, that gas pedal will now hit the firewall.   :checkerdflag:

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1