That annoying drip. . .

Chameleon

. . . you know, the one that runs down your Vette door from the side mirrors, after you have just carefully washed and dried, and dried and dried. . .

My Vette is always parked overnight after being washed, and I would come out in the morning and see those $#@%&*! streaks down both doors.  :twitch:

No more.  I don't know why I didn't think of this sooner :lol

20190917_184207.jpg

I too hated that drip and worse the white spots left behind from our crappy water. I used the compressor and tried to dry mirrors and door jams out but THAT drip by the mirrors would come back.

Switched to waterless wash and now,  no issues. I know you daily drive your car Donna and if I did I would probly use water as too much dirt is a no go with the waterless route. But the tie the towel around the mirror does work....:thumbs

12 hours ago, Extender32 said:

I use my master blaster to blow the hell out of the mirrors and door jams, problem solved.

👍  Master Blaster on the bottom, Vacuum on the top.  Lots of hose.

IMG_5670.JPG

I had a Master Blaster briefly, someone gave it to me as a gift.  I gave it back.  Absolutely hated that thing. . .

Yes, it worked great for blasting the water out of lights, mirrors, etc.  What I couldn't stand was the amount of teeny tiny water spots left all over the paint. 

I was told I was doing it wrong, so an "expert" demonstrated how to use it.  There were still water spots.  UGH. 

I do have a leaf blower, maybe I'll try that for just the spots that hold water next time I wash it. . . 

Just now, Chameleon said:

Yes, it worked great for blasting the water out of lights, mirrors, etc.  What I couldn't stand was the amount of teeny tiny water spots left all over the paint. 

I do have a leaf blower, maybe I'll try that for just the spots that hold water next time I wash it. . . 

Small drying towel in your free hand to "swipe" over the drips. 

Swing the mirror body inward, dry the newly exposed mating surfaces, swing outward, repeat. I find that's where the water hides, then it drips down looking like it came from the base where the mirror attached to the door.

2 hours ago, German said:

Swing the mirror body inward, dry the newly exposed mating surfaces, swing outward, repeat. I find that's where the water hides, then it drips down looking like it came from the base where the mirror attached to the door.

Thanks, German.  I do turn the mirror outward to drip while I'm drying the rest of the car, but never tried rotating both ways and drying out the inside of the mirror base.  I'll try that next time!

Or.

rotate the mirror out of the way. 
drill small hole inside mirror base into door at the lowest point. 
rotate mirror back.