I need to cruise!

Kameron

The weather is nice. The car is clean. Hmm, I need to cruise... Any ideas where I should go check out?

You could drive all the way to the west side for Corvettes and Coffee tomorrow morning.  Of course, that's all freeway.  Ugh. 

Alternatively, from your side of the planet, US 60 east to Show Low is nice; this route goes through the salt river canyon.  Licano's in Show Low has good Mexican food.

Or, Hwy 60 east to Globe/Miami, north on 188 (past Roosevelt Lake) to Hwy 87.  From there you can take 87 south, then Bush Highway to come back home.  Or, once on 87 you can drive north to Payson.

If you decide to take off on a cruise Saturday or Sunday, please post it up, some other peeps may join you!

Awesome, thank you. I will post if going somewhere. Am also considering driving to Rocky Point for the day. Anyone take their vettes there? Been there plenty of time with regular cars. 

I’m paranoid but I’d never take my vette to Mexico. It’s already worrisome to drive there let alone driving a “steal me” billboard. 

That being said, I’ve sold Mexican insurance for 26 years and have never had a car stolen in Mexico. 

2 hours ago, aenigma said:

I’m paranoid but I’d never take my vette to Mexico. It’s already worrisome to drive there let alone driving a “steal me” billboard. 

That being said, I’ve sold Mexican insurance for 26 years and have never had a car stolen in Mexico. 

I'm with you, I'm paranoid about driving south of the border, let alone driving a vette there.  How many been stolen here in AZ?

2 hours ago, Extender32 said:

I'm with you, I'm paranoid about driving south of the border, let alone driving a vette there.  How many been stolen here in AZ?

I’ve never had a Vette stolen here, more than likely because Vette owners seem to keep their cars safe.  Tons of trucks though. 

I worked Auto Theft Detail from 81-88. I could tell you stories about stolen vehicles going to Mexico.  

• 2 weeks later...

Yea, I'm new to the area, but if you like twisties, I can't see how you would do better than 89 north from Wickenburg to Prescott and then 89A from Prescott to Sedona. Tighten your seat belt and tell your passenger to take Dramamene

12 hours ago, Randy Stone said:

Yea, I'm new to the area, but if you like twisties, I can't see how you would do better than 89 north from Wickenburg to Prescott and then 89A from Prescott to Sedona. Tighten your seat belt and tell your passenger to take Dramamene

On the way back down 89....Turn west on 15/96 (Kirkland Valley Rd) and head to towards Bagdad. Turn left on 97 to 93 back to Wickenburg.   👍

...and, on a day or time of day with little traffic, 89A from Sedona up to Flagstaff. Simply awesome!

The granddaddy of twisty roads in Arizona is the Devil's Highway. US Highway 191 between Alpine Arizona and Morenci Arizona. Approximately 6000 foot change in elevation, with about 90 miles of switchbacks with huge drop offs and no guardrails. 

:driving:  :bounce015: