Bolt On’s

PearlPools

I’m wondering if there is a local group that get together and support each other with bolt ons. Enjoy the camaraderie and learning. When stationed in the Phillipines, we had a club that would meet at a local garage, would share tips and help each other mod our rides. Then on sunday would meet with the locals for 1/4 mile racing. Good times 

There use to be a "Corvette Saturday" or sometimes a Sunday. Haven't seen anything pop up lately as it's been pretty warm out. If you have something in mind I say set up a time and date and see what happens. It use to be a pretty good time. Maybe also check out the facebook site, I hear there's lot's of us over there. I can't tell you what that would be though as I don't do the facethingy thingy....

Mark is correct, we used to have a “Corvette Saturday” a couple times a year. We also did “Detail Days”. It just takes someone coming up with a project and a place to host the event. I hosted a “Corvette Saturday” and we installed custom leather seatcovers on my C5 when I had it. We did several small jobs on my 66 Stingray when I had it. Just a couple examples.  

We used to have a Corvettes & Caffeine at Corvette Performance Arizona. It’s been a couple of years though. Pool table, beer, liquor, darts, popcorn, doughnuts, coffee, hang out with 100+ Vettes, all free. He had a lift and basic tools to use. Sold parts too. A couple of people ruined a really good thing though. Anyway, now it’s kinda a post-up and see who shows up kinda thing at a place of your choosing.

On 9/17/2019 at 8:22 PM, PearlPools said:

I’m wondering if there is a local group that get together and support each other with bolt ons. Enjoy the camaraderie and learning. When stationed in the Phillipines, we had a club that would meet at a local garage, would share tips and help each other mod our rides. Then on sunday would meet with the locals for 1/4 mile racing. Good times 

I can't add to what's been suggested so far, other than to post up what you have in mind for a mod party.

Re: Drag races. Ever since the track on the West side got closed by some jerk in the County government, the only other track doubled their prices, nearly eliminated the times they are open, and really don't have anything for just the little guy.

15 hours ago, az57chevy said:

Am I the ONLY one who thought Bolt On's was referring to something else????? 🤪

Nope, I merely was keeping a muzzle on myself.  :lol

• Like 1

19 hours ago, az57chevy said:

Am I the ONLY one who thought Strap On's was referring to something else????? 🤪

Fixed it for you to avoid confusion. :thumbs