PAINT PROTECTION FILM (CLEAR BRA)

JoienLiz

What is your opinion and experience.  Do you do the entire hood in PPF?  When doing just half, have you been able to make sure the line stays clean and not notable?  Never know where the stones may fall.

Joie

I have about 1/3 of the hood and fenders covered and unless you are extremely careful  when waxing, you will see the outline of the clear bra. Most stones that I have picked up have not hit beyond the clear bra and to completely cover your engine hood, will add several hundred to your clear bra bill.  On mine, I have the front fascia, splitter, 1/3 hood and fenders and mirrors and that was about $800. I would go a little further and add clear bra in front of the rear brake ducts too.

My current Vette has a 1/2 bra, because it was on the car when I bought it and I was lazy about getting it replaced.  I have rock chips in the hood above the bra, and I now wish I had replaced the 1/2 bra with a full one as soon as I got the car. 

Previous Vettes where I had a clear bra installed I had the entire front clip (splitter, facia, full hood, fenders), door edges and back of the mirrors.  On my previous wide-body I also had in front of the rear brake ducts because that area gets road rash from tiny road debris.

I recommend doing the full bra.  I would not jeopardize my Vette's paint for the sake of saving a few hundred dollars.  Just my two cents. . . 

Vette R & D

I agree with  Donna,  I got very lucky on our latest purchase it to has a clear wrap on 90 percent of the car.  I probably would not have done so much of it because of cost but I would do the entire hood!