NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

My '69 Coupe Is Finally Rolling - Sort Of (pics)

chevy69

My TT IIs and Pirellis showed up yesterday afternoon and I bolted them on the chassis. I finally have a roller!!!

Here are a couple of pics I took this am. It's almost time to put the body back on!!!

I purchased the project in August 2005, but didn't really get cranking 'till October '05. I had to take 4 months off over the summer due to excessive heat in the garage.

I have some rocker repair to do, but they were much cleaner than I expected, so more patch work than welding in entire rockers. I wish I would have known this before I bought $400 worth of rocker repair panels from Zip. If anyone is looking for these PM me, cause I may post it in the parts area after I fully determine that I don't need any of it.

roller-2.jpg

rollingchassis.jpg

:clap That's gonna be sweet! Torque Thrusts and sidepipes!!! *drooling* :D

What color will this bad-ass ride be??? :devil

Very :cool !

Remember ACE has what we call Corvette Saturdays. If you get to a point you need more manpower or muscle just pick a Sat or Sun and post it. You'll get a number of hands to help with a project like that one. Can't wait to see it on the street.

Thanks guys - I may have a saturday or sunday where I get some beer and pizza and have a wreching party. That's an awesome offer!!!

As far as color, I am really undecided. Originally I wanted to go daytona yellow, but have considered other colors including lemans blue, red and black (even though I said I wouldn't go black I've seen a few that have changed my mind). My favorite right now is '06 lemans blue (kind of a midnight blue). We'll see.

The interior is black and the original color was fathom green (I doubt I'll use that color). Although I started out with "original" intentions, those have faded and I have many mods including the Keisler 5 spd, steeroids, etc... The list goes on. As I posted a while back, it's a slippery slope when you start modifying (and a lot more fun).

Very nice! Can't wait to get enough time to start up on the Jeep again. Every time I see a project like this it gets me pondering...

That is gonna be one bitchin ride! :)

Thanks guys - I may have a saturday or sunday where I get some beer and pizza and have a wreching party. That's an awesome offer!!!

As far as color, I am really undecided. Originally I wanted to go daytona yellow, but have considered other colors including lemans blue, red and black (even though I said I wouldn't go black I've seen a few that have changed my mind). My favorite right now is '06 lemans blue (kind of a midnight blue). We'll see.

The interior is black and the original color was fathom green (I doubt I'll use that color). Although I started out with "original" intentions, those have faded and I have many mods including the Keisler 5 spd, steeroids, etc... The list goes on. As I posted a while back, it's a slippery slope when you start modifying (and a lot more fun).

Don't fear the DARK SIDE!!! :D Whatever you decide, it'll be amazing....but here's a little visual assistance:

I know it's a '70, but you get the idea! :devil

Lookin' good.

Let us know when and we'll stop by to watch everyone work.... :D

I've actually been known to turn a wrench or two in by day, so if you need help let us know...

Andrew

*nice* work :)

I understand about pickin a color .. I didn't choose what color to paint my lil Duster till the day I painted it :)

So many good lookin colors out there :)

Hemi Orange won on the day I painted it tho.

-Frank