Sign in to follow this  
Red64

Looking to buy 195 x 75 R15 tires for my '64

Red64

I have been searching for a tires for my '64. I can not seen to locate a tire store that stocks 195 x 75 R15. I am not looking to mail order them as shipping is about 50 bucks a tire and I prefer to buy local. Any suggestions as to a tire store?

old yeller

Have you looked into going to a 205x70x15 size?  Roughly the same height, just a little bit wider.

Those seem to be in stock at most Discount Tire stores.

SixAddict

I was thinking Coker tire, but even they don't show the size your looking for. 235   75R. 15 was all I saw listed......

Red64

I have 205 x 70 x R15's currently on the car. However since I changed the front drums brakes to disk brakes, what a difference in stopping power, I need a tire that is a bit narrower. The width of the new hubs just was enough to have a clearance issue when of all things, I enter my driveway. 

Dave64

I run Michelin Hydro-edge tires:  215/70R 15 in rear and 205/70R 15 in front on American Torque Thrust wheels (7" I believe).

TBlue66

Have you looked into the backspacing of your wheels?  I run 215/70R15 on KH knock-offs without any rubbing on my '66.

- Jeff