Moving to Arizona at the end of the month, any smog shop recommendations?

Z06_Dom

Hey everyone! First post here, I am going to be moving to Avondale Arizona at the end of this month.

I saw to register my car I will in fact have to smog it, was hoping I was finally getting away from that leaving CA... :(

How does the smog check work in this state? They actually sniff test the cars?

I have an LS2 swapped into my C5 Z06, cammed, long tube headers, no cats, guessing just like here it wont pass.

Does anyone have a shop they would recommend going to? feel free to PM me if you'd like :thumbs 

Thanks! - Dom 

20180407_180343.jpg

Welcome from Avondale! AZ Cars have CA emissions too so all the DMV will do is hook your car up to an OBDII scanner and as long as you have no codes, you'll be good to go.  My car was shipped in from TX and had no problems passing emissions.

Hey Z06 Dom nice to see you found the site. Like I said on the forum you won't have any issues as long as no check engine light and gas cap checks good. 

Running long tubes with no cats and I just passed in Dec no issues......good luck with move, hope to meet you at some of our events.

I know I mentioned Deer Valley facility to do smog check but that's not close to where your moving, hopefully you find one in that area that's quicker then some I have been to.

38 minutes ago, SixAddict said:

Hey Z06 Dom nice to see you found the site. Like I said on the forum you won't have any issues as long as no check engine light and gas cap checks good. 

Running long tubes with no cats and I just passed in Dec no issues......good luck with move, hope to meet you at some of our events.

I know I mentioned Deer Valley facility to do smog check but that's not close to where your moving, hopefully you find one in that area that's quicker then some I have been to.

Thanks for the reply and recommendation of this site! Cant wait to see you guys at an event soon! :thumbs

made a post about it here just to get a general consensus, but looks like ill be in the clear!   

47 minutes ago, Extender32 said:

Welcome from Avondale! AZ Cars have CA emissions too so all the DMV will do is hook your car up to an OBDII scanner and as long as you have no codes, you'll be good to go.  My car was shipped in from TX and had no problems passing emissions.

Thats great to hear! No CEL lights so hopefully I will be in the clear! can definitely smell the car but as long as their just looking for codes, should be good! 

I go to Deer Valley all the time, I've never had more than a one to two car wait, the key is usually don't wait until the last week of the month. Check this website, at the bottom of the page is a link to view current wait times. Get in the OBD lane and you should be fine. Welcome to the group, Damn nice C5.  :thumbs

http://myazcar.com/#nav

Welcome! As long as it's set rifht in the tune you'll be ok. Just because the light isn't on doesn't mean the readiness monitors are set correctly. If it passes than it was set correctly obviously. 

What’s emissions testing ????

Welcome to Az from Gila Bend, where there is no emissions testing.  :lol       

(there isn’t anything else here either :ack  )

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/6/2019 at 5:45 PM, Desertdawg said:

What’s emissions testing ????

Welcome to AZ from Gila Bend, where there is no emissions testing.  :lol       

(there isn’t anything else here either :ack  )

Yeah but watch out for Deer.  LOL

Maybe Dawg should offer up his address for all the non complaint Vetts?