NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Drip

Desertdawg

I haven't done any research yet, but I have heard of the rear seal problem....

So now I have a little drip or more like a little puddle about 4 inch's in diameter, I can tell it's from the C5 because it's in a different place than where the 82 dripped all the time....

It showed up last Wednesday, and there hasn't been any new drops since then, it's under the right side of the trans. and also dripped a little trail as it was backed out...

Like I said though, there hasn't been any new drips since then????

Did it burp? or is it something to worry about?

Mine showed some signs of dripping down the case on the drivers side. I took it to the carwash and pressure washed it and it hasn't come back since. That was about a year ago.

nort99's rear differential was leaking after he was autocrossing at Firebird. I recall it was possibly because he was overheating the rear end fluids.

So.......................Who is driving the new car and how fast and for how long. :toetap

Phil... :devil

So I think I'll have to ask Jammye, since she has been driving it latley :toetap

So the possibly of it just burping was a good guess?

Could be the overflow vent or also known as a "burp"...yes a good guess, but you need to get under her and clean the area and watch it for awhile.

Id say your screwed.

your rear end is leaking badley. This is a common problem for the C5.

Time to replace it with a DTE stage 2 3.90.

:)

Could be the overflow vent or also known as a "burp"...yes a good guess, but you need to get under her and clean the area and watch it for awhile.

:agree Wipe her off and keep and eye on it...they can burp after some hard driving, but you need to make sure it is not the dreaded diff seal leak in this TSB: TSB# 03-04-20-006

Been there, done that. :huh

Edit: wrong TSB #, I corrected it, or you can click on it, its a link to the actual TSB :thumbs

Guest UVETTYA

If it doesn't re-occur, don't worry about it. If it does, get under it and see where the juice is coming from. If it's a drive axle seal it will be right where the axle comes out of the differential. This usually happens on the driver's side but either side can leak.

If it's your tranny venting, you'll have to ask Mike (Nort99) where to look for evidence of that. He's been down that road. His was leaking fluid after hot laps at Firebird.

I don't know about anyone else but I use Rhino ramps to get mine in the air and then lift it from there. I can't get a jack under the front of mine - have to do it from the side or use the ramps.

Steve

Well it did it again this morning. but just a couple of drops, then that was it... Pretty cold here when the sun came up so I'm guessing it's more of a burp than a leak.

Read several posts on the CF about them burping in the cold....

Time to replace it with a DTE stage 2 3.90.

:)

Maybe you need to give me a call when you see this.... :yesnod

This "sort of leak" just might facilitate a rear gear swap with someone thats upgrading their M6 version!!!! :ninja:

Guest UVETTYA

This "sort of leak" just might facilitate a rear gear swap with someone thats upgrading their M6 version!!!! :ninja:

Now you're thinking. We'll get your balls out of your wife's purse one way or another.

:lol:lol:lol

:leaving

Now you're thinking. We'll get your balls out of your wife's purse one way or another.

:lol:lol:lol

:leaving

I didn't hear him say he wouldn't have to get her permission still. After all it is her car :lol

Eddie is probably right, but when something is wrong with my....umm... her vette, then I get to fix it.

Now a leaky rear could possibly mean that the whole thing has to come apart, and that's where the "while I'm at it" comes in.... :D