NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

arizona car, anyone this car

chadmac99c5

Hey guys long time!!! I don't know if you remember me, I held a get together at C and R Tire in 2017. I moved back to Texas in october of 2017. And left my beautiful Grand sport there. sad face. Anyway back in the market and I think..... I think I want a c5 z06  again. Would rather have a c-6 z06 or grandsport, but finances are what they are now..This car is in the Phoenix area at Jaber's truck and auto sales??? Anybody heard of them? anybody on this board maybe have owned this car.?? Thanks Chad.

silverz06black wheels.jpg

Don't recognize the car.

I have never dealt with them.

Online reviews of the dealership don't look promising.

The car looks familiar but I can’t remember where I’ve seen it. The rims look familiar. 

Dont know the dealership. If they are shady then go in there like a vette pro and pick it apart and see if you can steal it from them. 

I've driven by that place, oddly enough they ended up with Sean Bigfoot's old C5 on the lot. 

From what I've seen or heard of that place it doesn't look exactly reputable. Its a divey, car auction dealer on Cave Creek Rd & Butler (north of Dunlap). I wouldn't be too surprised if someone had traded a problem car and this type of car dealer is where they end up. I'd say buyer beware but if you're willing to do some work on it, might be a decent horse 

scottcolbath
On 12/28/2018 at 10:35 AM, chadmac99c5 said:

Hey guys long time!!! I don't know if you remember me, I held a get together at C and R Tire in 2017. I moved back to Texas in october of 2017. And left my beautiful Grand sport there. sad face. Anyway back in the market and I think..... I think I want a c5 z06  again. Would rather have a c-6 z06 or grandsport, but finances are what they are now..This car is in the Phoenix area at Jaber's truck and auto sales??? Anybody heard of them? anybody on this board maybe have owned this car.?? Thanks Chad.

silverz06black wheels.jpg

While the above posts don't sound promising, if you need someone to have a look at the car, I can do that for you.

Hope all is well back in Texas.

S.C.

Still on the hunt.......   I'm so torn on waiting on another grandsport/z06 to come along. or just jump back into a c5 z06. After 4 c-5's and 3 c-6's , hard to go back to c-5, but won't be daily driver this time around, . Thanks for the input. I guess the "old"timers are still doing lunch?? Ya'll are a great group, miss ya a bunch.

CHAMELEON... AS MUCH AS I MISS YOU GUYS.............MOSTLY THE GOLF!LOL!! I DON'T MISS THE 1 HOUR COMMUTE TO AND FROM WORK, SNOWBIRDS, AND 115-120 DEGREE HEAT.  IN LUBBOCK IT CAN BE 112 DEGREES AND IT COOLS OFF TO MID 70'S AT NITE.JUNE/JULY AND AUGUST THE SUN STAYS UP TILL AFTER 9PM. AND I CAN LEAVE THE HOUSE AT 7:10AM STOP AND GET BREAKFAST, GO TO A DIFFERENT PLACE GET COFFEE AND BE AT WORK BY 7:30AM, BE HOME FROM WORK IN 9 MINS......AND THAT DISTANCE IS ABOUT THE SAME FROM CAVE CREEK ROAD TO THE 101. WE BOUGHT SHIRTS WHEN WE WERE OUT THERE THAT SAID "LIVING IN ARIZONA WITH RED RAIDER ROOTS. i'M BACK PLANTED. BUT CONGRATS ON YOUR NEW CARDINAL COACH!!!  KLIFF KINGSBURY IS A GREAT OFFENSIVE MIND. YA'LL WILL DO WELL WITH HIM.SAVE THE WAVE.......................

GOOD THING ABOUT LUBBOCK/ 65 DEGREES ONE DAY, 6 INCHES OF SNOW THE NEXT . ALL GONE THE NEXT DAY, GOLFING AND 60 DEGREES THE NEXT DAY.. I GUESS THE MAIN THING ABOUT TEXAS IS, YOU NEVER MET A STRANGER, PEOPLE SAY THANK YOU WHEN YOU HOLD A DOOR OPEN FOR THEM, A FRIENDLY HELLO IN PASSING. WHEN I WAS OUT THERE, I REMEMBER HOLDING A DOOR OPEN FOR SOMEONE AND THEY JUST WALKED THRU LIKE THEY EXPECTED IT, MY RESPONSE WAS "YOUR WELCOME". PLAYED MY FIRST ROUND OF GOLF WITH 3 STRANGERS, THEY SAID HELLO ON FIRST TEE, THEN DIDN'T SPEAK TO ME THE REST OF ROUND, PROLLY   FROM CALIFORNIA!!!! I WOULD BE MAD AND RUDE ALSO IF I WAS FROM CALIFORNIA!! LOL. MY BONES FELT BETTER WHEN I WAS OUT THERE, DONE NOTHING BUT ACHE AND HURT SINCE I GOT BACK. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I WIN THE LOTTERY I COULD HAVE A "WINTER" HOME THERE.... TURNING BLUE HOLDING MY BREATH WAITING....

12 hours ago, theChad said:

Yeah, but it's Lubbock! Might as well be New Mexico! :thumbs:ack  Good luck with the hunt!

"THE CHAD" THAT'S FUNNY I GET CALLED THAT .. MY GIRFRIEND'S BEST FRIEND CALLS ME CHADARALLIUS MAXIMUS

1 minute ago, chadmac99c5 said:

"THE CHAD" THAT'S FUNNY I GET CALLED THAT .. MY GIRFRIEND'S BEST FRIEND CALLS ME CHADARALLIUS MAXIMUS

It's the "Chadwick"'s that get anoying. Or people who ask if Chad is short for something. Or the hanging Chad jokes from 20 years ago. :facepalm:

1 hour ago, theChad said:

It's the "Chadwick"'s that get anoying. Or people who ask if Chad is short for something. Or the hanging Chad jokes from 20 years ago. :facepalm:

ARE YOU HANGING CHAD OR A DANGLING CHAD...SMH

• 1 month later...
MidNiteFury01
On 1/17/2019 at 7:36 AM, chadmac99c5 said:

GOOD THING ABOUT LUBBOCK/ 65 DEGREES ONE DAY, 6 INCHES OF SNOW THE NEXT . ALL GONE THE NEXT DAY, GOLFING AND 60 DEGREES THE NEXT DAY.. I GUESS THE MAIN THING ABOUT TEXAS IS, YOU NEVER MET A STRANGER, PEOPLE SAY THANK YOU WHEN YOU HOLD A DOOR OPEN FOR THEM, A FRIENDLY HELLO IN PASSING. WHEN I WAS OUT THERE, I REMEMBER HOLDING A DOOR OPEN FOR SOMEONE AND THEY JUST WALKED THRU LIKE THEY EXPECTED IT, MY RESPONSE WAS "YOUR WELCOME". PLAYED MY FIRST ROUND OF GOLF WITH 3 STRANGERS, THEY SAID HELLO ON FIRST TEE, THEN DIDN'T SPEAK TO ME THE REST OF ROUND, PROLLY   FROM CALIFORNIA!!!! I WOULD BE MAD AND RUDE ALSO IF I WAS FROM CALIFORNIA!! LOL. MY BONES FELT BETTER WHEN I WAS OUT THERE, DONE NOTHING BUT ACHE AND HURT SINCE I GOT BACK. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I WIN THE LOTTERY I COULD HAVE A "WINTER" HOME THERE.... TURNING BLUE HOLDING MY BREATH WAITING....

I've been here a little over five years. Except in certain situations or groups, there really isn't a reason for someone to be friendly here. I find folks to be neutral. There are 5 million people in PHX, and growing, people are commodities and treat each other as such. In the years here, I've never run into the same people twice whether it be a grocery store, mall, walgreens, really anywhere. Block walls isolate neighbors, people shut their garage doors even before the car is off, neighbors hide inside or out back. Coming from Nebraska, its really off-putting.

With that said ACE is the place with the friendly people. Great group. I wish I could be more active to enjoy the company.

The best thing with 5 million people is that you can walk by the frowning introverts and find all the smiling faces you want!  😁

When I’m in Phoenix around those 5 million people. I’ve figured out I can fart and no one knows it was me. 

• 3 weeks later...