JD44

Replacing the battery in the C7 is far from straight forward.  I just replaced mine with a bit of swearing along the way and found a replacement battery at Autozone that made the installation less difficult.  The OEM battery does not have any handles to remove and it is VERY difficult to maneuver the old battery out and the new one in.  The Autozone battery part number H6-DLG has a handle built in that really helps the installation.  It also has a five year warranty (3 year free replacement, 2 year pro-rated) which I'm hoping means I won't have to do this again for a LONG time.  The price was competitive ($157 + core) with other batteries I found.  It fit perfectly with the battery vent and the odd bracket and circuit board on the positive terminal.

I’m dreading mine taking a crap.  

Tip for batteries without handles.... when you replace one wrap a loose fitting zip tie on it to give you a handle next time.

I just replaced my battery again in Oct and had the same battery as mentioned above.  I find it extremely helpful if you have a 2nd pair of hands available.  FYI, I got just over 3 1/2 yrs out of my autozone battery; which I would consider really good, considering the AZ conditions.

My son replaced his Duralast (just over 3 years old and hence pro rated) on Saturday. Guess which daughter-in-law called this morning with a dead battery?  Autozone tested it (after I removed it) and said it was a bad battery with less than 3 volts?  From now on I am testing them BEFORE installing the battery.  They also checked the alternator and said it was okay too.  When I repalce dthe Corvette's the salesman said to bring it back at 2 years and 9 months and it would probably need replacing for free

I really can't imagine having to do this twice, once was bad enough!  I am hopeful I can get at least 3 1/2 years out of it as Extender32 mentioned.  Why couldn't GM have made the battery well just an inch or two wider???

13 hours ago, JD44 said:

I really can't imagine having to do this twice, once was bad enough!  I am hopeful I can get at least 3 1/2 years out of it as Extender32 mentioned.  Why couldn't GM have made the battery well just an inch or two wider???

If you remove the interior trim panel piece and lift the carpeting up, you'll be able to remove the trim piece around the battery box.  IMO, this is too much work and find it easier to have an extra set of hands to keep the pos batt cable out of the way so the batt can be lifted out.