NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Speed Sensor 90 Vette

roneva

My Mech says the speed sensor that is mounted in the rt frt wheel area is bad and that is making my ABS light come on, also it controls the 3 position suspension that I have. or at least these 2 items cannot function with a bad speed sensor. My ride control lite also is on. He says GM no longer makes this item and he is unable to locate a supplier of the sensor. I found a speedometer speed sensor in Ecklers for $100. I will again contact my Mech on Monday to see if this is the correct part. Can you guys help? Is what the Mech says sound correct? Have I found the correct part? Is $100 about right? If not, where should I look for the part? I finally get to ask a great question and get one more post. :D Thx for your help.

Different part Ron. I'd call Brown & Brown Chevy and see if they have or can get. If not salvage yard. I think that each wheel is a diff. part # so make sure it's for the correct wheel. They used them up through 96 so I'd be surprised if they're unavailable. :thumbs Robert :burnout

I checked GMPD and they can get it. Part # 14104822 @ 66.86 +14.71 =81.57. Hopefully B&B has it for about the same $. Robert :burnout

I checked GMPD and they can get it. Part # 14104822 @ 66.86 +14.71 =81.57. Hopefully B&B has it for about the same $. Robert :burnout

Robert. I don't care what they say about you, YOU are the man. :D

Robert, no GM dealer will have it. It is no longer made. If they have it in their book, they are in an old book. B & B does not have it nor can they order it. no can do. What is GMPP? How do I order from them? Or is that just a parts listing?

Robert, no GM dealer will have it. It is no longer made. If they have it in their book, they are in an old book. B & B does not have it nor can they order it. no can do. What is GMPP? How do I order from them? Or is that just a parts listing?

On the CorvetteForum site suppliers are listed on the side bar of the C-4 page. It's listed as GM Parts Direct. It said that it would have to be ordered and maybe they will see that it's not available? There are salvage yards that specialize in vettes listed there as well. Good luck, Robert :burnout

If GMPD can't get it then try 20th St. Auto (20th St and Jefferson). They specialize in older Vette Salvage.

[if GMPD can't get it then try 20th St. Auto (20th St and Jefferson). They specialize in older Vette Salvage.

Thx Eddie, I'll file that source for later. :bang

I just called B&B Chevy and spoke with Greg Hartley in wholesale parts. He said he could have it in 2-3 days, he just has to order it in as they dont stock it. The guy you spoke with is probably just too lazy to locate one...Joe

"I just called B&B Chevy and spoke with Greg Hartley in wholesale parts. He said he could have it in 2-3 days, he just has to order it in as they dont stock it. The guy you spoke with is probably just too lazy to locate one...Joe"

Thx Joe. I have already ordered the part, but if they don't send it , I will call Greg. The info I was getting was that the part had been removed from the latest parts listing and was no longer manufactured.

Joe, Greg Hartley at B & B can not order the part. It is no longer in the GM Parts listing. 20th ST Auto is closed until Jan, so I'll just do without. Talked with Greg today. Thx for your help. :bang