NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

C6 - battery swap using a CTEK 25000 to maintain power

Car is a 2011 GS A6.

Time to swap out my rear cubby mounted Braille battery. I  have a CTEK 25000 with a maintain power function I'd like to use during the battery swap to avoid losing my settings in the car.

My question is this - can I hook it up and maintain power during the battery swap safely as long as I follow battery removal / install protocols?

Removal of battery - disconnect Black lead first, Red lead second.

Installation of battery - connect Red lead first, Black lead second.

I will be attaching the CTEK to the engine compartment ground and power lead not to the cables in the cubby.

Am I good to go or missing something? Probably overthinking it but would hate to damage any electronics during the swap.

Thanks for reading.

Chris

• 2 years later...

You don't really need to do anything at battery swap, just re-index your side windows and mirrors. The battery finally went out in my 2012 a couple of months ago, one of the cells shorted out while I was away on an extended visit so even with a battery charger installed the original battery was about 1 volt (original as in a 9 year old battery whose life was spent between the Pacific Northwest and since 2017, in Phoenix). I installed a Delco AGM battery when I got home. Had to reindex the side windows and set and lock (in memory) the side view mirrors. Easy Peasy. 3 year old thread I hope helps someone.